Chapter 9

*Tuesday Morning* (Next morning)

I woke up to the vibrating of my phone, rattling in my jean pocket.

It made me jump, causing the pop corn to pour all over my lap. The popcorn didn't bother me, the fact that Harry's presence wasn't there did. I stood up as fast as lightning, there was no time to lose! I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket, squinting at it because of the rude awakening, my eyes didn't really have time to settle from the darkness, to the blazing light.

At first, the words on the screen were very blurry, but as seconds passed, my eyes began to focus.

I only had to glimpse at 1 thing on the phone before my jaw dropped. It was the number 17. 17 what? You may ask. Well the answer is missed calls. 17 missed calls, from my mom, and 4 texts from Harry. I decided to return my moms phone call before replying to Harry, now that I knew Harry was alive. I felt a lot better, the stomach ache I previously had when I didn't see Harry, slowly slipped away, I didn't notice it disappear because I was so wrapped around the phone call I was returning. I called my mom, it seemed like 3 minutes until my mom finally answered. It didn't affect me because I was lucky she answered at all!

Before she spoke, I heard a sigh of relief slipping from her mouth.

"Briana?!" She quickly spoke without any hesitating whatsoever.

"Mom!" I cried, "Is dad okay?!"

"Yes. I'm just a bit concerned that you missed multiple of my phone calls." She replied with a not-so-happy tone.

I moved the phone from my ear. I didn't want to make my mom mad, she was going through enough already, let alone me giving her problems now? Huh uh.

"My hands were wet. I was doing the dishes." I lied, I guess it was a white lie, for the sake of my moms stress scale, I was trying to help.

"Well." She sighed, "You must've just got done serving your whole town. Must've been a lot of dishes to do, starting from 2:30 am to 12:40 pm." She growled with sarcasm, waiting for a response.

I couldn't help but laugh. My mom was actually really serious, which made it even funnier. I have to admit, she was clever!

"Yeah yeah. I just though I'd be nice. It's really nothing." I joked, playing along. I was actually just trying to make her smile, and get me off of her list of people to kill. A little bit of over-exaggeration there! I chuckled at the thought. Of course she wasn't going to literally kill me, but I just wasn't on her "Good" list. That's for sure!

"Uh huh." She rolled her eyes, but I sensed that she was smiling.

"Well. I'll let you go mom, I will be there around.. 2:00 ish if that's okay." I glanced at my phone, looking at the time. By the time I put the phone up to my ear, I heard dad in the background, yawning.

"Eh, wait!" I barked. "Was that dad?" I put a enormous grin on my face. I could of swore it was from ear to ear!

"Erm, yes." She murmured, glancing at dad, giving him a smirk. "It's Briana." She stated. "I think she wants to have a word with you!" She seemed very pleased.

"Bring the phone to me." He gestured her, signaling for her to bring it to him.

She got up from her seat and brought the phone near dad. He reached out for the phone but she quickly stopped him.

"Your IV!" She gasped, "You almost pulled it out!" She gulped, handing the phone to him.

"I just was-" He got interrupted by me.

"Dad! How are you feeling?" I questioned, hoping for the best.

"Good." He smiled, "You don't need to worry, I'm okay, I promise." He assured.