Chapter 7

*That night*

I got dressed into the purple, silky dress. It was just breathtaking. I looked into my mirror, staring at my blonde hair. "Hmmm..." I grabbed my straightener and plugged it in, pushing the "on" button. I then applied some eye shadow, eye liner, and mascara. I started straightening my hair, minutes later my phone rang loudly, causing me to jump. When I jumped, the straightener touched my ear.

"OUCH!" I shrieked, dropping the straightener on the floor, jerking my feet away from its presence before it would burn my toes.

I quickly picked it up and placed it on my bureau, walked to my phone and picked it up, glancing at the caller ID. It was my sister, she was in Florida with her friend Kaitlyn for a week and a half. I missed my sister very much. I quickly answered the phone, "Alexis!!" I cried. "I miss you so much!" She was laughing. "You too, sis." She cried. I could tell she was smiling on the other line. "How's Florida?" I wondered, a grin stretching on my face. "AMAZING!" She commented, "The palm trees, the beach, the shells, everything!" She gasped. "I found a alphabet cone; 3 of them!" She added. Excitement was pouring from her mouth. "What's an alphabet cone?" I questionably asked. She quickly replied, "It's the second rarest shell on Sanibel Beach!" She was blurting out everything. Even the food she ate! And the types of Palms trees she saw. "What's your favorite palm tree" I asked. "Bottlenecks." She didn't hesitate at all! "So how was school?" She spoke. "I didn't have school today. All the other days were fine." I declared. "Well, I have to go," She continued, "I am going to go night shelling. It's low tide!" She added. "Okay." I smiled, turning the straightener off. "I love you" I smirked. "I love you too." She answered. I hung up.

Looking at the clock, it was time to go!

I ran down the stairs, and grabbed my purse. I then walked to the door, and slipped on my bright white heels. I wish I had purple, to match my dress, but white was all I had.

I sighed. Glancing at my phone my friend Clarrisa texted:

"u gng 2 the prm?"

I stared at the words. And whispered, "Society these days." My friend couldn't spell a complete sentence without even breaking the words into abbreviations. I texted back:

"The only word I can understand is dictionary."

I chuckled. "This chick probably never heard of a dictionary in her life." I thought.

I slipped my hoodie on and glanced at my phone, which had just lit up. The text from Clarrisa read:

"haha vry funny"

I ignored it, walking out to the car. As I reached to open the door, I couldn't help but remember when Harry always opened the door for me. I shook my head.

I got into the car and turned the car on, it was cold! Reminding me of how lucky Alexis was to be in the nice, warm Florida weather. I drove to the school, and gasped when I saw the familiar car; Harry's car. I parked as far away from it as possible. I then walked into the school, it was quiet and all you could really hear was the clicking of my heels. I was about to ask the office where the gym was, that's where the prom was being held at, but I started hearing music. I guided myself to the sound of the crazy music. I knew I arrived the gym doors when I looked in the room. There was lots of people dancing, while others ate. I pushed through the congregation of people, saying excuse me, but no one seemed to hear me. I walked to the food, identifying the food. There was spaghetti and garlic bread, and for dessert there was cheese cake. I walked up to the cups of Fruit Punch, grabbing a cup. Before I did anything else I noticed Harry was sitting on a platform all alone watching people dance.

"Hey are you the new kid here?" A voice asked.

"Don't call me a kid.. I'm 17." I replied turning around to see the tall figure behind me.