Except We Are A Couple (Now)!

Talk about the tension rising ever since. At first none of them seemed to have really thought about this but ever since it was brought to their attention by people surrounding them it was not unlikely that both were questioning this altogether. That would of course assume that Ann had heard the same things Izumi did. He did not know! It could be the case! But the question was if that had been the case or if it had been something else. Because she was awfully quiet, to say the least, and limited conversations, talking as if she wanted to get this over with. And he wasn't any different for the next few days, limiting conversations even at home, as if too flustered to speak. Not to mention that Izumi's own thoughts were racing, to say the least, and he felt so many emotions go through his body at once when wasting his thoughts on the sheer possibility. At first he tried to deny it.

"Huh... Could it be... Izumi– Chan... Are you in love?"

Him? Catching feelings for Ann? Naru–Chan had been making an outrageous claim at the time. Or so he'd like to believe. Regardless, he had started reflecting ever since, as if this was edging him on to think about it. Maybe there was some truth behind it? Thinking back on the past few days if not weeks– Him insisting to take her outside twice, seeing her in such an upbeat mood and admiring her smile. He loved to see it and wanted to see it as much as he could.

And sure, she was a bit of a mess sometimes as well as being rather unpredictable, but it was exciting in its own right. She can be a pain in the neck due to her seemingly spontaneous reactions, no denying, and her being so clumsy that she is somewhat incapable of doing her own housework properly is a talent of its own. Then again, everyone had their flaws. It was annoying and yet he had the odd urge to help her. He wanted to stay by her side for as long as he could.

At first he thought that this was merely because he wanted to pay her back for what she had done. After all, if Ann had not pushed him around, he and Patch would have never reconnected. She was the reason things may have been rough for Izumi for a while but he came around eventually. She had the chance to push him away multiple times and yet she decided against it, despite her having been rather open about disliking him at first. She couldn't stand his guts for some time and he couldn't stand her existence either. But a lot happened and he gave her credit for starting it. So, since she was there for him, he wanted to be there for her... As a friend. Or so he told himself.

When that excuse no longer worked he shoved it to a sense of guilt once being made aware that he left her alone as a child. Let alone her 'not minding' to be alone... It was something else to hear. So he saw it as his duty to stay close, make sure she has at least one friend. Although maybe he was trying too hard here... A little too hard. He could admit that and yet he would not admit to anything else. So being put on the spot was frustrating...

He hated to admit to it. In fact, should he ever admit to something like this? Him, falling in love with someone like her? She doesn't seem like his type and he was of this opinion for a while but... Now... Looking back on it all, it would be foolish not to admit it to himself!

So, Izumi planned to address it eventually. Especially since the silence was killing him. He couldn't bear it. It's been going on for days now! And this he decided to take a deep breath and just say it. Besides, he couldn't handle another dinner in silence. It has been going on long enough here!

And thus he decided to open up a conversation after a few bites. It was now or never, especially since it is just them at the moment. "Hey, are you hearing this... Nonsense too?"

It made Ann look right at him, mouth stuffed and crumbs all over her mouth. Of course they were... That girl may as well be a hamster. Though she looked confused at him, as if unaware.

"Ok firstly, swallow! Don't stuff too much into your mouth at once!"

She nodded, chewing a few times before swallowing however much she had in her mouth at that point. He then continued speaking.