wedding shopping (53)

I walk amongst the racks as I try to find a dress that fits my liking. Ella and mom are also here, helping me find something.

"Cassy!" I hear Ella call out. I walk towards the place from where I heard her voice and find her holding up a dress in front of the mirror.

"How does this look?" She asks. I assess the grey dress and shake my head. "It makes you look like grandma. Though, it would look good on mom."

I take the dress from her and start looking for mom. I finally find her going through a catalogue. "Mom! Ella found this dress and she was planning on buying it. It looked good on her but it'll look even better on you."

She takes the dress and says. "But if she wants it then let her have it. I'm sure there are plenty of dresses here that would look good on me."

"Not as good as this one." I tell her and push her towards the changing room. "Go try it on and see for yourself."

She's been inside for about a minute when Ella appears. This time carrying a red short dress. "Now you better not object to this one."

"I won't." I tell her and she hands it over to the attendant.

"Where's mom?" She asks.

I point towards the changing room. "She went in to try that grey dress."

"What?!" She exclaims.

"To be honest it will look better on her than you." I tell her. She gives me an annoyed look and turns to face the changing room from where suddenly mom emerges.

She's looking absolutely stunning. Ella and I look at each other before bursting into an applause. Mom plays along and pretends to walk down the ramp and then goes back in to change.

"You were right." Ella says.

"Told you so."

"Did you find anything for yourself?" She asks.

"No." I reply and walk away again to resume my 'dress hunt.'

I keep walking till I realize that the wedding dress's have come to an end and the display of men suit's has begun. I start to walk back when a familiar voice reaches my ears.

"This does not look good on me."

The person is hidden from my view by a rack, so I walk around it to find that my hunch was right.

William is standing in front of a mirror, turning this way and that trying to get a good look at the suit he's wearing. He has his back to me and I'm out of the reflection so he can't see me.

"They're all the same."

He turns around when I speak up and smile spreads across his face.

"Hey!"

"Hi."

"I just don't get why men fuss over their suits. I mean, they all look the same." I explain.

He walks over to me shaking his head and kisses my cheek. "That's what you think. If you look at it from a man's eye then you'll see the difference."

"Which I don't want to." I pull him to me but right before we touch each other, someone clears their throat, making us jump apart.

"Your high...Ronald! Hey!" I greet him out of breath.

"Hello Cassandra." He replies. "Do you want this or not?" He asks William.

"No. It does not look good." He replies.

"Fine. I'm going to grab something to eat. You better have something decided by then." With this he leaves.

"Wow! I always thought that the only things you had to complete in limited time are reports on sales and stuff. Never did I imagine I would have to do the same with a suit."

I laugh and say. "You know, I'm fine with you in jeans too."

He gives me a kiss before walking away, saying. "I am too. But apparently, my father and the guests aren't."

I smile and then I remember. "Shit! Mom and Ella must be freaking out. They have no idea where I am."

"Don't worry. They probably met dad on his way out." He says.

"Right." I walk to him and look around the clothes on display. "Can we make a deal?"

"Sure." He says.

"I'll help you choose a suit and then you help me choose a dress." I offer.

"I'm all for it." He at once says. I walk to a suit which at once caught my eye. It's a black coat and pants with a white shirt.

"How's this one?"

He gives it a once over and then gives me thumbs up. I smile and hand it over to him. "That was easy."

He takes hold of my hand and pulls me to the right section to help fulfill his half of the deal. Like me, he walks amongst the racks for a couple of minutes before stopping in front of one. I walk up to see what it looks like.

I look at it for a moment and at once like it. "Do you think it'll look good on me?"

(I couldn't describe it, so the picture's on the top.)

His reply makes me blush. "You would look good in anything." He hands me the dress and then hands out a card. Upon a closer look, I realize that it's a credit card with my name. I can't believe my eyes.

"Will..."

"Look, if you're going to marry me then my money is practically yours." He says.

"What do you mean to say?" I ask.

"This card is connected to my back account. Feel free to use it whenever you want."

"What?!" I exclaim.

"Starting with the dress." With a kiss he walks away leaving me speechless.

THE STORY REACHED #14 IN CHICKLIT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! :) THIS MEANS THE WORLD TO ME!