24

Olivia was sent home after she went off on Elliot and was told to not return until Monday morning. This was the first time since the operation that Olivia got in trouble, and it made her feel worse about the entire situation. She let the man who wanted nothing to do with her and their child get to her.

"Are you sure you don't want to come in?" Stephanie asked since she thought Olivia was still feeling icky and not that she had been suspended until Monday.

"I was suspended, Steph. I'm not allowed back until Monday, so I probably should just sit here and cry all day," Olivia replied weakly. Stephanie frowned deeply as she walked to her best friend. She smoothed her hair for a moment before kissing the top of her head.

"If you need anything, call me. Okay?"

"Okay," Olivia mumbled.

The moment that the door shut behind Stephanie, Olivia started to cry. She buried her face into the soft blanket that was covering her body and let it all go. No matter how hard she tried, Elliot leaving her was definitely taking its toll on her. All she wanted was for her child to have a mother and father, but it wasn't looking like that would happen.

As Olivia was just about to doze off after she cried herself dry, a knock sounded on the apartment door. She slowly climbed off the couch and padded to the door.

"What?" Olivia sniffled, her voice hoarse from crying.

"Hey, Liv."

///

Olivia hesitantly let Elliot into her apartment and forced him to sit on the sofa while she cleaned herself up. As she left her bedroom, she found Elliot standing in front of her latest framed sonogram picture. He traced his finger over the glass and swallowed hard.

"Please put that back," Olivia breathed.

"The baby has gotten so big, Liv. They look a lot like you," Elliot replied as he sat the frame back down. He turned to look at Olivia, his eyes slowly moving from her exhaustion-covered face to where their child made her swollen.

"What are you doing here? It's been weeks, and suddenly you show up?" Olivia huffed as she walked into the kitchen and started to make tea. She wasn't thirsty, but making tea would keep her hands occupied.

"I didn't know that you'd be at the precinct yesterday. I kinda thought you'd be on maternity leave already," Elliot sighed, as he walked into the kitchen and leaned against the counter.

"I can't afford to go on maternity leave yet. It's kinda hard to afford things right now, so I gotta work until I go into labor," Olivia replied coldly.

"How much do you need?" Elliot asked as he went to pull his wallet from his back pocket.

"Don't you dare, Elliot Stabler. I don't want your pity money," Olivia spat.

"It's not pity money, Liv. I'm assuming that you'll have me pay child support, so this is just child support before the baby is here," Elliot replied. Olivia turned to look at him and shook her head stubbornly.

"I'm not even putting your name on the birth certificate. You have done nothing to deserve this baby."

Elliot nodded slowly as he looked down at the floor. He shifted his weight from foot to foot before standing and walking back to the sofa. He sank down on it and raked his fingers through his hair.

"Kathy left the apartment, so I'm living there again. It has two bedrooms and plenty of space for you and the baby. If you want-"

"Why would I want to live with someone who abandoned me?!" Olivia yelled as she stomped to where Elliot sat. He stood quickly and eyed the woman he hurt so much. 

"Please, just let me help you. I feel bad about your suspension and how exhausted you look. It's my baby that is draining you of everything." Elliot frowned.

"N-no, it's my baby! They are my responsibility and only mine! If you would have just talked through your damn feelings instead of ghosting me, we wouldn't be in this situation! I wouldn't be looking for ways to make extra money in these last five weeks, because we'd be living together and planning for the birth of our child! Do you know how much money I'm losing while on suspension because you just had to be there?!" Olivia yelled, her face red with anger and her hands balled into fists.

Elliot reached out and rested his hand lightly against Olivia's swollen midsection.

"I'm so sorry, Olivia. What I did was wrong, and I'll do anything to make things better. Please, just let me help you out. Let me pay for the hospital bills or get you an apartment. Let me-"

"No," Olivia whispered.

"You don't have to date me to allow for me to stay involved in this baby's life. We can co-parent and I'll cover all the costs you need me to do. We can be polite, but we don't have to be friends..." Elliot trailed off, before realizing that Olivia's eyes were closed tightly and her nails were digging into her sweatpant covered legs.

Elliot rested his hand a little heavier on her belly and felt the same tension that he witnessed when Olivia went into preterm labor.

"Are you having a contraction?" Elliot asked. Olivia let out a weak whimper as she nodded slowly. Her eyes opened slowly and tears spilled down her cheeks.

"I'm not ready to have this baby... All of this fucking stress is getting to me and I'm so fucking scared," Olivia sniffled.

"It's okay. We will get you to the hospital and-"

"We will be doing nothing together, Elliot Stabler. If it wasn't for seeing you again or having you show up here, I may have been pregnant for another five weeks. I wouldn't be losing five weeks of income," Olivia huffed. She turned away from Elliot and walked to the front door.

"Liv, please-"

"You have done nothing to deserve the right to witness our child being born. You don't get to name the baby or cut the cord. I never want to see you again, so get lost. Find some other poor girl to destroy."