14

Three days a week, Olivia and Elliot were busy helping Linda and Oscar with the operation. They spent hours transporting, cleaning, and then giving updates to Fin the moment they got home. It seemed like this entire operation was never ending and beyond exhausting. 

"What happened?!" Olivia demanded, as she walked into a holding cell that Elliot was sitting in. His face was bruised, and he had a cut above his eye.

"Babe-"

"Oscar can't fucking hear us, and Linda is in the waiting room. So tell me what the fuck happened?!" Olivia exclaimed. 

Elliot stood and walked to where she stood, before placing his hands to her waist and tugged her tightly against his body.

"Fin was supposed to pull us over tonight, but since it's Halloween, a different officer was doing random checks and pulled us over. Oscar and I were arrested because we still had a group in the back of the truck," Elliot explained. Olivia looked at him as tears welled in her eyes.

"What is going to happen? Is there anyway you two could get away with this?" Olivia questioned. She was worried that the operation would be compromised now because some overzealous officer arrested Elliot and Oscar.

"Fin is working on getting this all dropped. Oscar and I were in holding together and decided to tell them that the girls snuck into the truck while we were getting gas. Fin was listening and to keep things under wraps, the girls aren't going to be spoken to. They are going to be safe, but if Oscar asks we tell him they lied to the cops."

Olivia nodded weakly and took a slow breath as she stepped from Elliot's grasp.

"I'm going to talk to Fin and see when you can go home. It's late, and I had to stop handing out candy because this all got messed up," Olivia frowned. Elliot smiled gently as he pulled her close again and kissed her lips.

"Wanna know how I got hurt?" Elliot asked, and Olivia sighed softly.

"Not really. I'm too tired to care," she replied with a tired smirk.

///

Elliot and Oscar were released after midnight. The plan went off without a hitch, and the next afternoon they sat in the basement of Oscar and Linda's house to discuss what happens next.

"Anthony is not happy at all," Oscar spoke, as sat across from the younger couple. 

"Anthony?" Olivia asked, since the leader's name had never been spoken around her. 

"Anthony Romley. He's our boss, and every group runs through his office. Losing a truckload of girls is going to require us to work harder to make up for what was lost," Linda replied. Olivia reached up and adjusted her glasses before leaning back against her chair.

"What can we do to help?" Elliot asked.

"Our recruiters are working overtime and we need to move our group tonight. So it's all hands on deck. Especially since we have to take the group directly to Anthony's house," Oscar spoke.

Olivia felt her heart start to pound in her chest as she anxiously rubbed her belly. This was it. After today, they may go home.

"Ally? Did you hear us?" Linda questioned. 

"I'm sorry... I kinda zoned out. What did you say?" Olivia asked.

"Danny and you will take one truck, and Oscar and I will take another. We have to move all the girls, even the stupid ones," Linda grumbled at the thought of moving the ones who got pregnant.

"W-we are joining the guys?"

"It's the only way to meet the quota before Anthony decides we all have to pay."

///

Fin called Olivia and Elliot to discuss the plan tonight. A few other satellite groups had been taken down over the last few months, but none of them had spilled the beans and gave them the ring leader's location. To ensure they could close this ring down, Fin requested that Olivia and Elliot put trackers on each truck. SWAT and additional uniformed officers and possibly the FBI would track their group and wait for the right moment to shut down the ring. 

"It's tight," Olivia whispered, as Elliot tightened Olivia's vest. 

"I know, but this was the one Fin had that would fit your belly. I would tell you to suck it in, but that baby is a Stabler and is on the bigger side," Elliot replied. Olivia sighed softly as Elliot finished adjusting her vest.

"Do you think we will be done tonight?" Olivia asked as she grabbed a large sweater and pulled it on. After a few seconds of examining herself in the mirror, she turned to face her partner.

"I hope so, honey."

"I miss my mother and Stephanie. It'll definitely be a shock when we go home and I show up twenty weeks pregnant," Olivia smiled.

"Do you think they will be excited that I'm the father? Don't they hate me?" Elliot asked as he walked over to the safe and grabbed their weapons.

"I-" Olivia started, but stopped when the phone rang twice before stopping.

"We gotta go. This conversation can be continued later once we have been debriefed."

///

Two large white box trucks pulled out of the neighborhood and drove north for over an hour. Elliot kept glancing at Olivia to see if she was doing okay, and he always found her giving herself a pep talk and sending texts to Fin to notify him of what was happening. 

"Here we are," Elliot spoke, as he turned into a long dirt driveway. Hidden in the trees, Olivia could spot officers just waiting to move in. She took a shaky breath and patted her service weapon that was clipped to her hip.

"If bullets start flying, I want you to find something to cover you. The last thing any of us want is for you to get hurt," Elliot breathed, as he put the truck into park and turned to face Olivia.

"El, I'm so scared," she whimpered. Elliot reached out and ran his fingers through Olivia's hair and tugged her close. They kissed for a few moments before parting hesitantly.

"You are an amazing cop, and I have nothing but confidence in you. Backup is here and all we have to do is arrest Anthony and the Stevensons."