Convertible rides

Scott swift was in disbelief. How could she be so impulsive and reckless with her safety ? 

How could Taylor just blatantly disregard their wishes. He's sure Andrea will have something to say too, she worries about their daughter's safety just as much if not more. And to top it off she's in Chief's merch, they were an Philly eagles family! 

Hours before 

Taylor and Travis had been dating for a few months and had grown quite close.

This was their first real public launch.  After an amazing game Travis  has asked if Taylor was still up to join him and the team for a celebratory dinner, he had rented out the restaurant, she was in . Travis had brought along  his vintage chevette to impress her, with plans on taking her for a ride. Taylor had never done anything like that before; she was used to being chauffeured in bulletproof SUVs for her safety. It's not like they were ditching security, Security would still be following  behind them, but it was still not something Taylor ever does,  she leaped at the chance. 

Being with Travis felt different. She was so comfortable with him and felt safe, so she agreed. As they drove off, the top down and the wind in their hair, they were both filled with excitement. Taylor felt like a giddy schoolgirl with a crush. Giggling and blushing from the passenger seat. At one point  Travis was speeding and security was caught at a red light around the corner ... Taylor giggled and jokingly told him to " go faster". The feeling of freedom like this, she couldn't describe it, she hasn't had this since she was maybe 15. 

 paparazzi had spotted them,  the photos of the two of them together in the convertible were all over the internet within minutes. 

When Taylor's parents saw the photos, they were furious. They had warned Taylor countless times  not to take any chances with her safety and here she was, taking a ride in a convertible, top down,  with no security in sight!  

Taylor knew she had made a mistake, but she also knew that she really liked Travis. She tried to explain to her parents that she was safe, that she trusted Travis and that he would never do anything to put her in danger. But it went in on ear and out the other. 

It was her dad who called first.

When he saw pictures of Taylor and her boyfriend, Travis, riding in an open-top convertible, He was terrified. Scott. He'd always gone to great lengths  to make sure his daughter was safe, and now it looked like Taylor was disregarding his wishes. 

Scott had worked hard to provide his daughter Taylor with the best security money could buy. He had provided her with armored cars and a her first security detail at 18 to ensure her safety at all times.  
He called Taylor and demanded an explanation, but Taylor was unapologetic. She said that she and Travis wanted to go for a drive and enjoy the night, and that they didn't think it was unsafe. Scott was displeased, but he knew there was nothing he could do. That certainly didn't stop him from speaking his mind on the matter though! 

Taylor's pov

I knew dad calling  would be interesting. 

We  were  driving to Travis' house to freshen up and change for the after party Just as they just as we were rounding the corner to Travis' house my  phone started ringing. 

" hello?" I answered cautiously. I figured what this might be about just didn't know who I'd have to answer to first. Mom, Tree, Dad, my head of security. 

I pulled the phone away from my ear immediately when I recognized my dad's yelling

" what the hell are you doing ? ARE YOU TRYING TO GET YOURSELF KILLED?" 

" dad, calm down. What are you even talking about " I say , trying to play dumb just a bit to diffuse the situation and give him time to calm down.  I unbuckled my  seatbelt and grabbed my bar meeting Travis at the now unlocked  door.