Worries

A/N: this has some sensitive topics.  Prayers for KC. Also  Sorry for the late updates 

Taylor's pov

It has been a whirlwind few weeks. I had broke records at the Grammys and Trav has just won his 3rd Super Bowl. We celebrated  a lot but I couldn't make it to the Super Bowl parade. I had shows in Australia. 

Mom and dad sat on a plane with me. I had gotten some troubling  news that had me on edge. There was a shooting at the Super Bowl parade. The parade Travis and millions of people including kids were at. I hate violence like this. 

I didn't have cell service  as I was in the air but I'm thankful I got wifi on my plane so I wasn't entirely in the dark. I could also get  wifi messages. I was waiting for news on Trav and praying he was okay. 

Suddenly my phone pinged

" I just got a text from Trav!  he and Donna are safe. They made a dash back to the bus and  were whisked back to arrowhead by security. "  my heart is beating fast as I read.  He had jumped off the bus to greet fans and got separated from the rest of the team. It could've been so much scarier. Especially given his high profile. 

" thank god" mom says 

" I was just watching videos of everyone  so happy, and Trav drunkenly singing with pat. It's crazy how quickly things turned." I say absentmindedly to the plane 

I saw another update from a news outlet  that all the players and the team were safely evacuated. Then I felt guilty.  People were hurt here. Someone died. Kids are being treated and I was feeling relief because my loved ones were safe. I hate that we live in a world where this is a reality. 

I look over at Tree " Have the names of the victims been revealed yet. I want to do what I can to help" 

" not yet, but I'll let you know when they have" she says with a smile 

I just not and hope for the best. I planned to donate and send flowers. The KC community had come to mean so much to me. 

I tried to get in the right headspace. I still had like 9 hours until we land. 

//////

We were at the hotel. Dad was sleeping in his room and Tree was getting me more info on the victims.  I had just spoken to Trav minutes ago, there was tears and I love you's from both of us. It was pretty quiet right now. Just mom and I in my hotel room. 

"Taylor can I talk to you about something?" mom starts. The look on her face tells me she's about to say something serious

"Sure, go ahead" I say grabbing a room service menu

" I'm not sure how to say this, I was waiting until we had some space, and then what happened today at the parade delayed it,  but I can't stop thinking about this." 

"What is it?" 

" I know you love him, and I'm fond too. But I can't help but have some concerns about you and Travis....his temper" she starts 

"Oh god not you too, I've already seen too many hot takes online from people who don't even know us, let alone how coach Reid and Trav are. Coach does the same thing to the guys. He's bumped Trav and yelled in his face. It's football!" I can't believe I'm having to have this conversation. I'm frustrated and offended by where I think she's going with this. 

" every game I've gone to there's been a physical tantrum. He threw his helmet on Christmas" 

" yes. It was a frustrating day. You've been to two high stakes games. It's rare he gets frustrated.  He is absolutely not violent. It's a physical sport where emotions run high. It's not a normal office job, these guys throw each other around. It's brutal.  But its gone once he's off the field"