Should've lied differently

OCTOBER 22, 2023, 8:14 AM

Mr. Oddout wasn't here once again, but that was fine.

Aimsey, Guqqie, and Bill were circling Ranboo's desk, just talking.

"Oh! I forgot to ask you guys, are you guys going to Tommy's party? Because I'm only going if you guys are." Aimsey asked suddenly.

"I don't know.. I almost got grounded since I pissed my mom off by accidentally killing one of her plants. I'm probably gonna sneak out, though. But I don't have a costume." Bill responded.

"Well.. I was going if you guys were going since I don't have anything to do on the 28th.." Guqqie added.

Shit.

That means it's up to Ranboo.

"I don't have a costume, actually.. I stopped ever since I started being THAT asshole who toilet paper peoples' houses for fun." Ranboo shrugged.

"We can get some costumes, online or at the Spirit Halloween nearby." Bill returned since he didn't have a Halloween costume either, assuming that Guqqie and Aimsey didn't have one too.

"Alright, so. The plan is to go to Spirit Halloween after school. Get some costumes and go to the party?" Aimsey brought up.

"Yeah, guess so." Guqqie answered instantly.

"Alright, so-" Ranboo was cut off by someone stepping into their conversation.

"RAMBUS! WHAT'S UP BIG MAN?"

Of course..

Tommy Minecraft.

"Hey." Ranboo said, more plain than any unflavored eggs he'd ever had.

"So, you comin' to the party?" Tommy sounded like he had a bit more desprateness in his voice.

"Don't know, 'don't have a costume yet." Ranboo shrugged as he fiddled with their fingers.

"Oh." Why did Tommy sound sad?

"We're probably going since we're going to a spirit Halloween after school." Guqqie chimed in just in time.

"Oh!" Tommy said, his eyes lighting up, "Really?"

"Yeah..?" Bill answered, a dash of suspicion in his voice.

"Yeah! Hey, Ranboo, you wanna hang out tomorrow?" Tommy asks.

Ranboo glances at their friends.

The "Help me right now." Was silent.

"Uhm.. We're actually going to hang out tomorrow.." Aimsey said, the lie pretty much just flowed out her throat.

"Yeah! We're actually going to uhm.." Guqqie's voice trailed off and she glanced at Bill, basically wanting him to finish her sentence because she couldn't think straight.

"The arcade! We're going to the arcade tomorrow, actually." Bill says whatever he thinks of, no matter if it didn't make sense, he would've just said something else afterward and said he mixed it up with something else.

"Awh.. Which one? Maybe we could meet up there!" Tommy offered .

The group of friends glance at each other.

Ranboo, who's biting their tongue and trying not to say: "Shut the fuck up you bitch, we don't want you there." Manages to get out, "Mhm.. Sure.. Bill, what arcade was it again?"

"Oh- Uhm.. The one near Kinoko Avenue.. It was like.." Bill snapped his fingers, knowing there was a arcade close by.

"Oh! It was "Place of fun" its a stupid name, but it's an actual good arcade." Aimsey finished as everyone just nods since they don't know what to do.