CHAPTER 10 : Sila's Birthday

Ringgg~~

A loud creaking sound rang out as someone walked up and pressed the doorbell early in the morning. Sila, wearing a white T-shirt and dark jeans, quickly put on flip-flops, and rushed out to open the front door.

"Oh! Blink, are you here already? Wait a sec," Sila greeted the neighbor's younger brother before opening the door for Blink to come in and wait inside the house.

"Did you wake up late today?" Blink asked as he entered the house.

"Just a bit. I stayed up late watching soccer last night," Sila replied.

"What's the plan, then?"

"Well, just hang on for a bit," Sila said, instructing Blink to wait in the living room while Sila headed upstairs to finish getting ready.

Sila didn't bother dressing up much more; he just adjusted his hair a bit and sprayed some perfume. Initially, Sila thought about putting on sneakers but opted for flip-flops that were nearby.

It seems like the story revolves around Sila's birthday, possibly talking about their morning routine or interactions with a person named "Blink." The narrative portrays Sila's casual approach to getting ready for their birthday celebration, with a focus on minimal grooming and a laid-back style.

Not long after, Sila walked down to the living room. Blink, who was sitting and playing on his phone, looked up before asking, "Is there nobody home?"

"My parents went to the market early in the morning," Sila said, jingling the car keys.

"It's only 7 AM. Auntie left this early?"

"They went to make merit at the market, and then they must buy things for breakfast. The fridge has been emptied since last night."

"Oh..."

"Let's head out then," Sila said, leading the way outside.

"Wait for me, Bro!" Blink ran after, "Where are you rushing off to?"

Sila didn't reply; he just opened the car door and sat inside. As for Blink, he hopped onto the passenger's side and settled in beside the driver's seat. The car started moving, with Sila focusing on driving while Blink amused himself with his phone.

This kind of situation has been the norm since that incident in Siam. Once Blink had heard the answer from Sila's own lips, it solidified his feelings that he was indeed just Sila's little brother. So he tried to maintain the appropriate distance between them, suitable for sibling relations. Blink didn't attempt to cross that boundary either. In this way, Sila felt much more at ease when interacting with his two younger siblings, not having to worry about Blink overthinking things like before.

"Bro, don't forget to stop and buy something," Blink reminded Sila after they had been driving for a while.

"Buy what?" Sila asked.

"Oh! Come on! Aren't you doing merit on your birthday or something?"

"Well, that's right. I'll go pay respects to the monks at the temple and make a donation; that should be enough," Sila replied.

"How about offering alms to the monks, at least, on your birthday?"

"I'll get something from the temple," Sila added.

"No, that's for making merit, and the monks don't benefit from it directly. It's better to buy something yourself and offer it."

"Alright, I'll stop by 7-Eleven then," Sila said, wanting to end the discussion.

"Sounds good."

"So, what should I buy?" Sila asked because he had just thought of it.

"Oh! Something useful, Bro!"