CHAPTER 3 : What the Heck!?

CHAPTER 3: What the Heck?!

I walk to the parking zone in front of the college to take my bicycle, jump on, and ride it to my faculty. The summer breeze blows through my face as the bicycle dashes forward. Though it comforts me, it doesn't reduce the heat in my surroundings. My soaked-with-sweat body can guarantee you that.

The bicycle I have been cycling since I was in front of the college is now parked in front of the faculty's building. I get off the bike and grab my backpack before I walk in the faculty.

My juniors and seniors say hi to me along the way. I smile to respond but haven't stopped to talk or do whatever because it's almost the time for the appointment. So there is nothing that can stop me and my two feet from walking forward at this time.

"Thought you wouldn't make it in time," Teh teases me as soon as I open the door into the faculty's theater.

Teh has proposed to use the faculty's theater to hold the cast's workshop himself. That's why I'm quite chill because I've studied here so many times and it makes me be able to measure the time more accurately. I don't have to be worried if I'm going to be late.

"It's my second home here." I raise my eyebrows to bug him.

"Do you wanna eat anything? Yam has just gone out to buy food. I'll tell her to buy it for you." He asked me.

"No thanks. I have had it at home."

"Ah, please get A-Po and Sila for us. It's almost time. I don't know where they are now." Teh assigns the crew and walks back to talk to the staff which are here to help us at another corner of the theater.

I hold up my phone to call A-Po. While I'm scrolling my phone to find A-Po's number, there's a sound of the theater's door opening. I shift my eyes from the screen to look at it that way.

Oh! A-Po is really A-Po.

It's like he has installed a light bulb inside his body.

It feels like he shines very bright the second he opens the door and walks in. And the light he exudes doesn't even stop, suddenly Sila follows him in. This is really the cluster of perfection.

"Hello," A-Po greets me.

"Hi, bro! Come sit!" I gesture my hand to the chair we've prepared for him.

A-Po smiles and sits down on the chair beside me. Sila walks away and sits down on the chair at another corner of the room. I watch both of them in confusion. What the heck?! They were at Siam Center together yesterday and now they act like they aren't even close to each other.

"Rest for a while, bro." I tell A-Po and pretend to walk to where Sila is sitting.

Sila looks at me with a straight face. Man, at first I thought I would talk to him, but seeing him being like this, I immediately turn around to pause for breath.

I walk out from where Sila seats and approach Teh who is complaining to the rest of the group that it doesn't work the way he has expected them to. When working, Teh is very scary. Strict, fierce, and determined. Everything needs to go as planned. Thus, when things go wrong, though normally he is calm, he always gets furious.

"Calm down. They're all friends." I pat his shoulder to lower his anger.

"You're always like this! Aren't you too chill for it! This is your thesis, man! You're so lacking in leadership. How can the work turn out to be good!?"

Phew!

Now I get the complaint for myself too. I really should have walked to him when he's calmer.