CHAPTER 11 : New Year, but the same heart.

Chilly breeze ushering in the end of the year, carrying the festive sounds of the neighboring house's New Year celebration, seemed even more melodious. Sila snuggled under his blanket, the cool air making him reluctant to leave the soft bed. He had no desire to move from his warm cocoon, and the music playing in the background helped him drift along with the ambiance of New Year's Eve.

Sila's plan for New Year's Eve was to have no plans at all. He was determined to spend the evening binge-watching Netflix at home. With such comfortable weather, who would want to go anywhere?

Sila spent almost an hour after waking up in search of a movie on Netflix but couldn't decide on anything to watch. Frustrated, He gave up and decided to sit up, grabbing his phone to check various apps, as was his daily routine.

Notifications started popping up, and he saw a message from his friend Karn flashing on the screen while he was scrolling through his Instagram.

KARN: "Where are you counting down tonight?"

Karn's highlighted Line message was in the chat room. Sila sat for a moment, pondering what to do on New Year's Eve. Since there were no plans in place, he began to type his response thoughtfully.

KARN: "Where are you counting down tonight?"

Sila: "I'm staying at home, sir."

KARN: OK!

Karn responded quickly, while Sila put his phone down and went to the bathroom. He picked up his toothbrush and started brushing his teeth, just as he always did. After finishing brushing, he washed his face and stood in front of the mirror, checking his handsome face for a moment.

Better not shower; it's too cold.

Sila pondered for a moment, then decided to step out and sit on the bed. He grabbed the remote and turned on Netflix, contemplating what to watch. Half an hour passed, and the young man sitting on the bed continued scrolling through the movie list.

"Ugh, what should I watch?" Sila complained softly, but his fingers kept scrolling through the movie options.

"How about this one?"

Love, Simon

Sila chose to watch this movie without knowing what inspired him to pick it. Everything seemed to unfold naturally, and he couldn't pinpoint the reason behind his choice. He felt drawn to it as soon as he saw the movie cover.

The movie started, and Sila was captivated by the moving images on the screen. The weather was pleasant, and the cool breeze from the open window made it comfortable for him to sit on the bed, wrapped in a blanket, engrossed in the story.

Ding, ding.

The sound of his phone vibrating caught his attention, diverting his gaze from the TV screen to his phone screen, which displayed A-Po's name. He quickly paused the movie and picked up his phone.

"Hello," he answered.

"Hey, where are you today?" A-Po asked.

"I think I'm staying home," Sila replied.

"Really? Not going out stargazing tonight?"

"Nah, I'm feeling lazy. Probably just staying in and having dinner with the family."

"Oh, okay," A-Po responded. "So, anything going on?"

"Not really," Sila said. "Did you call to invite me out?

"Yeah, I was thinking we could go out for a bit."

"Hmm, I'm in for it. Where should we go?"

"I don't know, just somewhere chill."