Chapter 5~ Heartbreak

I wake up in the hospital ward at the butterfly mansion. Surprisingly there is 3 others in here with me. One has orange and yellow hair that hangs around his face, one has a a large scar on his forehead and was wearing earrings and one has..a boar mask? This is surely a strange bunch.

"Uh, hi there." I say, trying to break the ice.

"Hello." The boy with the scar mumbles. His voice sounds croaky, as if he's been crying all night. The yellow hair and boar mask boys don't respond.

"Um, are you all ok..?" I ask.

"Do we look ok to you?" The boy with the boar mask snaps.

"Inosuke please..sorry about him." The yellow haired boy apologises.

"I'm y/n, what're your names?" I ask calmly, not that bothered by what the boar mask- or Inosuke as they called him, said to me.

"I'm Zenitsu Agatsuma, that guy with the boar mask is Inosuke Hashibira and the guy with the earrings is Tanjiro Kamado." The yellow hair explains.

"Nice to meet you Zenitsu, Inosuke and Tanjiro! Where were you three that got you so beaten up?" I ask curiously.

"The Mugen Train, have you heard of it?" Tanjiro finally speaks up.

"Yes! My sensei, Rengoku..was he there with you?" I ask excitedly.

Suddenly all three of their faces fell, i could even swear that a tear rolled down Tanjiro's cheek.

"Wh-what is it?" I ask.

"Rengoku..didn't make it..." Zenitsu sighs sadly.

"What!? No..you're joking right!? You're joking!" I plea, trying to convince myself more than anything. Zenitsu just shook his head.

"I'm sorry y/n.." He says.

I grab my pillow and bury my face in it to hide my tears, but I was sobbing uncontrollably. I couldn't believe it. Rengoku is...gone. Forever. And I couldn't bring him back.

Zenitsu, Tanjiro and even Inosuke came and sat at the side of my bed to comfort me.

"Th-thanks guys..." I mutter.

"We miss him too, he was an amazing man." Tanjiro says softly.

"Yeah, he was great." Inosuke says quietly.

I realise Inosuke took his mask off, he looked just like a girl. To be honest...he was really pretty.

I felt much calmer now that they had comforted me.

"He told us if we see you to tell you these words.." Tanjiro began.
   "Y/n, I just want you to know, I'm proud of you kiddo. You've come so far and I know you're ready to come further. Set your heart ablaze, and remember, I'm always with you. Until we meet again Young Kochō..."

I smile when hearing these words, "Thanks Rengoku..."

"If we all recover at the same time, you can maybe come on the next mission with us." Tanjiro suggests.

"I'd like that.." I smile.

Author's note:

Sorry this chapter is so late! I've been really busy with school and homework. Anyway hope you enjoyed and make sure to leave suggestions if you have any!!