Chapter 22~ Blood Demon Art

We got up and brushed ourselves off, I was still wondering how the hideous demon thought I was familiar. I hadn't time to think about that now.

"Follow me, I hear something.." Muichiro said blankly. He began walking off among the trees and I quickly followed behind.

I began to hear the screams of terror as well, it was a little kid.

Kotetsu.

We race over and Kotetsu is being attacked by some sort of giant mutated fish with a pot on its back. I try to go help but Muichiro grabs my wrist.

"It's no point. Leave him there." He says.

I glare at him. "No! He needs us,it's our jobs as hashiras to help those in need!"

After hesitating and thinking deeply to himself, Tokito nods and rushes over to help Kotetsu.

I felt something rushing through me, I thought it was adrenaline at first..until..the necklace Shinobu had given me before my first solo mission was glowing!

I didn't know what to do, I held the charm tightly in my fist and feel the power surge through me.

When I let go of the charm I decide not to stall any longer, I race towards the fish demon and sink my demon claws into its scaly flesh. It groans in pain and suddenly, to everyone's surprise, it turned to stone. It became a statue!

"This must be my blood demon art!" I gasp.

The stone fades away and the fish becomes live again, Muichiro jumps onto its back and shatters the pot on its back. The demon died after that and Kotetsu runs over and hugs Muichiro and I.

"Thank you! Thank you! I thought I was a goner!" Kotetsu wails between sobs. I pat his head and smile.

"It's ok, your safe now. Come with us, we will protect you." I say with a smile before picking him up into a piggyback ride. He happily sat on my shoulders while we searched around the forest for more demons.

We come across a vase that was similar to the one on top of the fish, Tokito approached it.

Suddenly a hideous demon wriggles out of it, it had hands sticking out of his head, two mouths in place of his eyes and an eye on his forehead and chin. He didnt have legs, he was connected to the pot instead. He was laughing madly and ignored Tokito, focusing on Kotetsu instead. "A swordsmith? Care to admire my collection?" He said before pulling out a vase. The vase displayed a mountain of dead swordsmiths, pierced with swords.

Kotetsu starts trembling and sobbing softly. This made the demon laugh harder.

"Look at this, child.." The demon says before twisting one of the swords, causing blood to gush from the dead swordsmith's mouths.

Kotetsu screams and sobs louder, trying to pounce at the demon. "I'll kill you, I'll kill you!"

I grab Kotetsu's arm so he can't run off.

"Let me kill him, let me kill him please y/n!" Kotetsu screams.

He was crying so hard he could barely breathe.

"Kotetsu, don't. You'll get killed!" I warn.

Kotetsu steps back and kneels on the ground, still sobbing. He was clearly traumatised.

The demon crawled back into the pot and rolled into a shed.

I knew this was gonna be no easy fight.

Authors note:

I know this chapter isn't great, I have no clue what I am doing 😀

Hope you enjoyed it anyway tho

Have a good day/night!!