Chapter 14~ Upper-Moons

Tengen sent me off to help Tanjiro while he made sure all the victims of the ribbon demon was OK. Thankfully I was a very fast runner.

The moonlight shone down on me, it felt energising. I notice some havoc up ahead, a familiar checkered haori flapping in the wind.

I sprint up to them, it's Tanjiro, fighting a rather pretty demon. Her eyes had writing in them.."upper six"

She takes one glance at me and laughs hysterically. "A hashira!? How pathetic! This ugly brat couldn't fight me off himself so he needs a hashira! Well, you're a pretty thing, I'll simply kill you and eat you!"

"Who are you?" I question.

"I am Daki, upper-moon six!" She declares.

Tanjiro turns to me with pleading eyes. "I'll be fine for now, go check on Nezuko!"

I nod and run off to find Nezuko, I see the little wooden box. To my surprise, Nezuko is standing outside it, she looks longing to go help her brother. I pat her head. "Please stay here Nezuko.." even though I tried to comfort her she tried to push past me, growling and panting.

"Nezuko please!" It took sometime to calm her down, suddenly I notice Tanjiro and Daki fighting on the roof. Tanjiro seems severely injured. Nezuko notices and pushes past me and climbs up to the fight scene. I knew there was no stopping her now. When she climbed, she accidentally kicked my face, I was knocked out.

"Y/n, y/n? Wake up dear." I hear an oddly familiar and soothing voice call. I slowly open my eyes to see my big sister, Kanae, staring down at me. "Morning." She smiles at me.

I sit up and stare at her in disbelief. "K-kanae?" I gasp.

She nods. "Yes dear. It's me."

My eyes fill with tears, I hug her immediately. "I-i thought you were dead!"

She hugs me back tightly. "I am dead y/n"

I look up at her. "So..am I dead? Did I die from a kick in the face!?"

She chuckles and strokes my hair. "You aren't dead y/n, just unconscious."

I look around me. "Is this heaven?"

"Not quite," Kanae begins "It's between Earth and the afterlife."

"Oh." I nod, taking in this information.

Kanae grabs my chin, making me look at her. "Listen to me." Kanae says, quite sternly "You have to give it all you got down there. I must warn you  there isn't one upper moon. There's two."

I stare at her in disbelief. "Two!? Kanae..Kanae I can't do it!"

"But you can y/n!" She says. "I'll be by your side the whole time. I will protect you and your friends to the best of my ability. You can do it y/n, I believe in you, I have to send you back now."

I shake my head and hold her hands. "I don't want to leave you Kanae.."

"I'm sorry, tell Shinobu and Kanao I'm always looking down on them." She says before placing her hands over my eyes. Her voice faded away and I was no longer there with her, no longer lying with her amongst the stars and moon.

Authors note

Sorry if I'm not getting the fight scene right, I don't remember it by heart lol

Hope you're enjoying so far! Also I hope you enjoyed meeting beatie Kanae (love her sm)

Have a good day/night!