Chapter 9~ Tengen Uzui

As I was going off in search of Inosuke, Tanjiro and Zenitsu, I heard some noise coming from the back garden.

"Tengen stop!"

"Put them down!"

"She's not even a demon slayer!"

I race to the back garden to investigate all the ruckus. I see Tengen standing on the roof, holding Miss Aoi over his shoulder. Sumi, Kiyo, Naho and my younger sister Kanao were all watching up in horror. They seem relieved to see me.

"Y/n, thank goodness you're here!" Sumi cries.

"Yes, Tengen is trying to kidnap Miss Aoi!" Kiyo says.

"You're a hashira, help us!" Naho begs.

Kanao nods in agreement, not speaking as always.

I was just about to tell Tengen off  when Tanjiro runs through the front gate, entering the garden. Honestly, I was quite surprised to see him.

"What's happening?" He asks.

"Tengen is trying to kidnap Miss Aoi for some strange reason." I explain before turning back to Tengen.

"Put her down Tengen, I'll report this to the Master if  you don't!" I threaten.

Tengen glares at me. "Hey, hey, hey. I need her, for a mission! Aoi is a demon slayer, yes? And she's the only chick around here I can make her come with force. You, Mitsuri and Shinobu would kick my a-"

"Language Tengen, there's kids around here." I roll my eyes. "Anyway, why do you need her for a mission?"

"I'm going up to the Entertainment District, to find my wives. They haven't contacted me in ages so I'm a bit worried." He sighs.

"Well don't take Aoi!" Tanjiro butts in. "Take us instead!"

Suddenly Inosuke and Zenitsu run into the garden and stand next to Tanjiro.

"We will go instead of these innocent little girls!" Tanjiro announces proudly.

Tengen chuckles to himself. "Alright then. I guess I could take you guys."

Remembering I was going to try tag along on their next mission, I step in. "I'll come too! Ive heard the Entertainment District is pretty dangerous so two Hashiras could be handy!"

Zenitsu, Inosuke and Tanjiro nod in agreement.

"Ok then, it's settled! We leave...right now!" Tengen hops off roof and starts walking towards the exit, Tanjiro, Inosuke and Zenitsu follow closely behind.

I look over at Kanao, she seems worried. I give her a hug before leaving and I whisper in her ear. "Say goodbye to Shino for me."

And with that I leave the mansion grounds to follow the four boys.

"Now kiddos, I have some ground rules." Tengen begins with a smirk.

I roll my eyes. "Tengen please.."

"Not now y/n!" He groans before turning back to Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke. "I am a god! You three..are trash! You will turn into dogs if I wish, turn into monkeys if I tell you! So be ready to bend over backwards and worship me endlessly, for I am Tengen Uzui, the God of Festivals!"

Tanjiro and Zenitsu seem confused, but Inosuke is in awe.

"You're actually a god!? Well..I'm King of the Mountains so I expect respect from you as well!" He demands, puffing out his chest.

"Yeah yeah..let's go, there's no time to waste!" Tengen says before walking off in the direction of the Entertainment District.

Author's note

Long chapter! Also thank you for so many reads, we've got like 60 so far! I never thought that many would read this lol.

If  you're enjoying let me know and I'm always here for any suggestions!

Thank you!