Chapter 29~ The End

As I dashed about the place I suddenly notice Inosuke fighting off some demons. He paused for a minute to catch his breath, I decided to strike. Although my wounds still hadn't fully regenerated somehow, I felt an urge to murder.

I ambush Inosuke and he curses and quickly turns and slices my shoulder with his sword. I wince as the warm blood trickles down my back. Inosuke suddenly notices its me.

"What!? You dumbass!" He's shocked and doesn't know how to react, but i hsar soft sniffles from underneath his mask. "I have to kill you..I have to..but I can't..."

I scratch his chest and he grunts in pain, surprisingly, he doesn't fight back. I continually scratch his chest till my hands are a glossy red with his blood.

I can sense his urge to slaughter me tight now, but he is hesitant. Suddenly, he burst into pained sobs. "F- first tanjiro and now you! All my friends..all of them are becoming demons!" He screams.

I hear him crying and see him trembling, I look at my blood covered hands and suddenly scream and cry myself. "NO! I DIDNT MEAN TO INOSUKE! I AM SO, SO SORRY!"

He looks up in surprise, still shaking. Before he has time to react I throw my arms around him in a tight embrace, sobbing into his shoulders. He hugs me back tightly.

"You're human again!" He gasps between sobs.

I realised that's why I couldn't regenerate. Kokushibo must be dead so my curse wore off, but I felt weak. Obanai's stabs still bled and I was becoming dizzy.

"I..I think I'm going to die..Inosuke.." I murmur.

"Don't say that y/n..please.." He begs.

I close my eyes and feel myself drifting off. "Goodbye..."

------------Many months later---------------

I wake up at the butterfly mansion, coughing and choking on my own saliva. I must've been out for ages.

"She's awake!" Inosuke yells. I see my friends gather around my bed. Even Tanjiro, even though Inosuke said he had become a demon. They fill me in on how Muzan Kibutsuji was killed and the only remaining Hashiras were me, Tomioka Giyuu and Sanemi Shinazugawa and I was expected in a meeting. I try to pull myself out of bed but I can't.

"Don't worry, I have a cane here for you!" I hear Aoi chirp.

I take the wooden cane gratefully and slowly walk to the front garden to meet the Master for the last time. I eventually reach the garden and take a seat next to the remaining Hashiras.

"Welcome to the last Hashira meeting." Kagaya's soothing voice welcomes. Tears full my eyes, knowing I will never experience this ever again. He thanks us for our brilliant services over the many years and congratulates us for surviving against Muzan. The meeting lasted just over an hour and when we were dismissed we all shook hands for the last time, knowing this could be the last time we see each other.

Later that evening I go back to my friends and we all relax, we made a promise to stay st the butterfly mansion till each other were fully healed.

Recovery was tough, but the second we were all healed, we left to go lead our own lives.

--------------------4 years later------------------

Inosuke and I watched over our two kids playing about in the garden. We called our daughter Mitsuri and our son Kyojuro in honour of our past comrades. Kyojuro was more quiet but Mitsuri was just like her father, mad.

Everyone got the happy endings they wished for. Tanjiro and Kanao got married and had children, so did Zenitsu and Nezuko and so did Inosuke and I.

We all attended Tomioka and Sanemi's funeral, proud, knowing they weren't murdered by evil cannibalistic demons. The funerals were hard knowing I would probably be next due to my mark, but that's not for a few years.

I look at Inosuke's smiling face, he's so much more affectionate than he used to be. I rest my head on his shoulder and sigh contently. I never want the precious moments to slip between my fingers like sand, i must savour it, because it wont last forever. "It all worked out, didn't it."

He looks down at me and chuckles. "It did, didn't it?"

Authors note

I'm sorry that was so crappy and rushed 💀

Glad it's over tho, have a good day/night!!