Chapter 8

Location: A dimly lit, cluttered room filled with computer servers, cables, and old animatronic parts. A large desk is dominated by multiple monitors.

Rebecca: (seated at the desk, eagerly reviewing lines of code) Oh, Henry, you clever man, what secrets have you hidden in here?

(Rebecca begins to upload the stolen AI code into her system. Her fingers dance across the keyboard, her face illuminated only by the glow of the monitors)

Rebecca: Now, let's enhance you a bit, shall we?

(She begins to modify the AI's code, fusing it with remnants of the Malhare project she had sabotaged all those years ago. She starts the compilation process, and a progress bar slowly fills up on the screen)

Rebecca: Almost there...

(The progress bar reaches 100%. The screen flickers, and then text appears)

Monitor Text: "AI Compiled Successfully. Initiating Lock-Down Mode..."

Rebecca: Perfect. Now you can't cause any trouble until I'm ready for you.

(As she utters these words, an unsettling graphical avatar forms on one of the screens; it's a glitchy, incomplete version of Malhare, eyes flickering with digital malevolence but unable to act)
Rebecca: Oh, you look angry. Don't worry, your time will come. But first, I have a few more preparations to make.

(Rebecca minimizes the Malhare window and opens a map of the area, marking the locations of William and Ace's homes, their office, and other key places)

Rebecca: Time to put everything into motion. With your help, they won't know what hit them.

(She grins maliciously at the screen where Malhare's avatar is locked, its eyes flickering as if it understands her intentions)

Rebecca: You'll be my secret weapon. Once I unleash you, William and Ace will regret ever crossing paths with me.

(Satisfied, Rebecca leans back in her chair, her eyes gleaming with the promise of vengeance as she gazes at her makeshift army of technology and treachery)

Rebecca now has a weakened but potentially dangerous version of Malhare in her possession, locked away until she chooses to unleash it. As she plots her next move, she is blissfully unaware that William and Ace are closer to uncovering her secrets than she could imagine.