Chapter 1: The Princess, The Witch & The Fairy-godmother

IN THE FOREST PRIMEVAL

A SCHOOL FOR GOOD AND EVIL

TWO TOWERS LIKE TWIN HEADS

ONE FOR THE PURE

ONE FOR THE WICKED

TRY TO ESCAPE YOU'LL ALWAYS FAIL

THE ONLY WAY OUT IS

THROUGH A FAIRY TALE

____

In early morning Y/n Deauville woke up in her ordinary home, in her ordinary village. Gavaldon is where she lived. An ordinary village surrounded by woods. She always went up early in the morning to wake up her father, the town's book keeper, then she would make breakfast for her father and the homeless woman who usually sat in the town square. Today she also had to go buy some stuff for her father and lastly she would visit her friends, Sophie and Agatha. They were two very different people but the three of them held together very well.

"Morning Father." said Y/n as she walked into her fathers room with a cup of tea. "I'll go make breakfast. I'll be done in 20 minutes."
"You are so sweet." Said her father and ruffled her hair. "Remember to buy wooden planks and nails."
"Yeah, yeah. I know" Y/n said and walked out as she closed the door.

Every four years two children would be kidnapped to this magical school called 'The School for Good and Evil'. This was the same place her father got his books, from this mysterious School Master as he was called. She was not too worried about it however. She felt she was so ordinary that she would never be picked for some magical school. She would just live in the small cottage village with her two best friends and have an ordinary, quaint life.

She could still remember the day she met Agatha in the woods. It was 9 years ago when they both were six years old. Y/n had run out closer to the woods and was playing by herself. She ran into a bald and wrinkly cat and it let her pet it. Soon after a small girl with black hair, pale skin and big brown eyes appeared. Turns out the bald cat was the girl's cat, and the girl was Agatha. Agatha and Y/n played for a while, if Reaper trusted Y/n then Agatha did too. And afterwards they would go out to the woods and play almost every day.

And then it was the time she met Sophie. Y/n had seen Sophie a lot of times with her mother but the first time they talked was 5 years ago after Sophie's mother had died. This time Sophie came alone to the book shop and looked at all the fairy tales. Gavaldon was not a big village in any way, and everyone knew everything that happened. Y/n had heard of the early demise of Sophie's mother and decided to talk to Sophie. Sophie found Y/n endearing, a pretty cute girl that seemed interested in Sophie. And Sophie absolutely loved talking about herself and her own interests. But soon enough Sophie found a real connection with Y/n and considered Y/n her best friend and "Fairy-godmother" as Sophie liked to call Y/n. Y/n was the one who helped and comforted Sophie.

Y/n chuckled when she thought about the day before where Sophie had tried to give Agatha a makeover. It went quite terribly and Agatha was probably very mad at Sophie. She didn't really understand why Sophie wanted to befriend Agatha, they seemed to be such opposites. But it all went surprisingly well and both Agatha and Sophie seemed to like each other, she thinks.

The only thing not so ordinary about Y/n was the star she had. Her father had given it to her on her 10th birthday, saying it was with her when he found her. Y/n had known since a child her father wasn't actually her father. One year, when Mr. Deauville was delivering his books, there laid a small baby girl clutching a glowing star and an empty letter with the mark of SGE. Mr. Deauville never told anyone else except his daughter about the star or the letter, the elders would think the poor girl was a witch and burn her. No, instead he just said she showed up on his porch.