Chapter 8: Wish Fish

(Sorry for a longer wait, last week was pretty busy)

____

An hour before, Tedros had decided on a swim. By now, the ranks for the first two classes were up on the Groom Room doors, with the prince and Y/n's name tied for first and Agatha's was on the lower side, but she wasn't completely at the bottom.
Inside, the girl's Groom Room resembled a medieval spa, with three aromatic bath pools ("Hot," "Cold," and "Just Right"), a Little Match Girl sauna, three Rose Red makeup stations, a Cinderella-themed pedicure corner, a waterfall shower built into a Little Mermaid lagoon.
The boys' Groom Rooms focused more on fitness, with a Medias Gold sweat lodge, a peasant-themed tanning room, and a gymnasium with Norse hammers, mud wrestling pit, saltwater lap pool, and full array of Turkish baths.

After Chivalry and Grooming, Tedros took advantage of the break before Swordplay to test out the pool. But just as he swam his last lap, he noticed Beatrix– and seven girls who now followed her incessantly– peering wide-eyed through cracks in the wooden door.

Tedros was used to girls watching him. But when would he find one that saw him for more than his looks? Who saw more than King Arthur's son? Who cared about his thoughts, his hopes, his fears?

Y/n... That was the name that filled his head.
Y/n seemed sweet enough, and she was quite cute. Nor did she seem like she was after any wealth or looks, and she seemed loyal to her friends. She seemed like a perfect fit, but what if she was a trick, like his mother?
Either way she could perhaps be a good friend, at least. He crawled out of the pool and put on a towel, purposely covering himself up, making himself more comfortable. Whatever he did, he would prove his mother wrong. He wouldn't be what she said, he wouldn't be like his father. Whatever he did, he would not be like either of them.

With a sigh, he threw open the door to greet his unwanted fan club, hair dripping, swan glittering over a white towel. But luckily they were gone, victims of the fairy patrol. Tedros sighed with relief as he turned the corner, only to smash into something, knocking it flat to the ground.

"Oh my!" the concerned voice of Y/n said. "Are you two okay." Y/n gave both Agatha and Tedros a hand up.
"Yeah, but now I'm wet. Again." Agatha frowned and looked up at Tedros. "You should look where you're going." Agatha's frown grew when she realized just what boy she dumped into.
"You could have also watched where you were going..." Tedros mumbled, but turned on a smile and held out a hand. "I'm Tedros, you're Y/n's friend, right?" Agatha didn't want to take his hand, but she couldn't ignore the hopeful smile Y/n gave her.
"I'm Agatha," she said. "And yeah, I'm Y/n's best friend, actually."
"What class do you have next, Tedros?" Y/n asked.
"Swordplay actually." He said and turned on a confident smile. "Hopefully it won't be too boring, sense I'm already so good." Y/n giggled but Agatha just rolled her eyes.
"Well, it's good that you believe in yourself at least, its kind of cute." Y/n said with a playful smirk.
"Am I really that cute?" Tedros asked, mirroring a playful smirk himself.
"We should get to class." Agatha said and took Y/n's arm.
"Oh yeah, sorry Agatha." Y/n said. "Do you know the way to the clearing?"
"It's this way." Tedros pointed to the stairwell behind him.
"Thank you!" Y/n said and walked away with Agatha right behind her. But as they walked off Agatha looked back and glared daggers at Tedros.
"Nice to meet you!" He said, almost a little nervous. He couldn't help but notice the toxicity in Agatha's voice. What was her problem?

__

Animal Communication, taught by Princess Uma, took place on the lakeside banks of Halfway Bay. For the third time that day, Agatha and Y/n arrived to find a class was Girls only. At this point it was a little stupid. Why can't the boys learn to talk to animals and why can't the girls learn to use swords? It all seemed a little unfair.