The podraces

Tarya's P.O.V:

The sun shined brightly on the day of the pod races tournament. I held onto Anakin tightly as I rode with him to the arena that the race was being held. Padmé had rode with Shmi and the nice boy from the other day, whose name I learned was Kitster.

While my older sister rides with Qui-Gon. I smiled widely as I had enjoyed the ride and Anakin turned back to me and smiled as the creature lowered to the ground so everyone could get off. I telepathically thank the creature kindly as me and Ani slid down off it's back.

Suddenly, Watto came flying up to us and I immediately felt Anakin's annoyance. I couldn't understand what he was saying, but judging from Anakin's growing frustration, I knew it was bad.

We both glared at him, I hissed, barring my fangs out at him as he flew away and Qui-Gon walked up to the group.

"What'd he mean by that?" Anakin asked Qui-Gon, related to whatever Watto said. "I'll tell you later." Qui-Gon simply answered. Anakin hopped off of the creature before turning to me and helping me down.

"This is so wizard, Ani." Kitster said as he, Anakin, Padmé, and I all went to Anakin's pod. "I'm sure you'll do it this time." "Do what?" Padmé asked. "Finish the race, of course!" Kitster answered as me and Ani shared a look.

"You've never won a race?" Padmé questioned, I could feel and hear her worry from learning this. "Well, not exactly..." Anakin said sheepishly.

"Not even finished..?" Padmé further grilled. "Kitster's right. I will this time! Don't worry." Anakin said as he gave Kitster a side hug. Padmé looked at me worriedly and I grabbed her arm and gave her a reassuring squeeze.

"Anakin will definitely win this time." I reassured my friend as Qui-Gon and Sanaya walked up to us. "Of course you will." Qui-Gon said as he gave Anakin a reassuring squeeze on the shoulders. He eyed me and Padmé and give us both a look telling us not to worry.

I nodded, believing in Anakin with all my heart. Padmé just looked at me, Sanaya and Qui-Gon, still unsure about this race.

____________________________________

We all followed out onto the track as the crowd roared with cheers. The announcers were introducing all of the racers. I looked up at all at the crowd. I walked beside Anakin as he guided the pod that was being pulled by one of the creatures we all rode before.

 I sensed his nervousness grow from the anticipation of the race. I gave Ani a reassuring side hug as we both continued to walk to Anakin's designated starting position.

"You got this, Anakin! I believe in you." I said in Na'vi with a smile. Anakin returned the smile as he felt my confidence flow into him.

"Thank you, Tary." Anakin said. "I know I can always count on you." Me and Kitster helped Anakin set up as Shmi walked up to her son. She squatted down so she was Ani's height. "Be safe." she said as she held Anakin's arms in her hands. I could tell she was very worried about Anakin.