Part-6

Shiva and Macc emerged from a public transportation pod in front of a large tower. Four cubes were joined to the top of a white, glassy ellipsis building. This emblem was dedicated to all four constellations—a well-known symbol. One might assume with certainty that this structure was Paranormal headquarters.
"What! The price of transportation was raised by 15%." Shiva said as a message appeared on his wristband.
"Other travel-related businesses are quickly failing because of this murder, or whatever it is. All that people use these days are pods. Why shouldn't the price increase? It's a business." Macc answered.
"And you don't mind paying extra Jules."
"Not unless you have a departmental card with unlimited access," Macc grinned while showing a departmental travel card that the police department had given him. "Can you tell me why we're at Paranormal Headquarters?"
"If someone recently went to Horizon, they must be resynchronized, and synchronization reports can provide us with a lot of information." Shiva said as he crossed the road and headed towards the Paranormal building.
"I suppose I'll stay outside. You may go." Macc spoke quietly when they arrived at the building's entryway. His face showed tension.
"Why?"
"Maccs are forbidden from having any kind of relationship with Paranormal. Despite this, Paranormal dislikes Maccs. They think they are descendants of people who helped create Zone. They believe they are superior." Macc's hatred for Paranormal was evident from his statements.
"Don't be cocky; you are not here for relationships. And it's an organization. Anyone can work here." Shiva said it angrily.
"Tell me, Mr. Shiva. Have you ever encountered a person who claims to work with Paranormal?"
"No, but we're doing an investigation here. And perhaps we can discover some answers inside this structure. Follow me now."
Macc noticed the seriousness on Shiva's face. He had been tasked only with observing and reporting Shiva's investigation.
I have to go wherever you go. It's only an investigation. I'm just an observer here.

It was exceptionally silent inside the building. There was only a receptionist inside, sitting in the centre of the spacious hall. The interior appeared plain and simple, and the whiteness might have hurt your eyes.
"That's weird," said Shiva.
"Have you ever been inside a paranormal building?" Macc inquired, concerned. "It's like a haunted mansion. Civilians cannot imagine until they see for themselves."
"Yes, during my synchronization and for my son, it was just a paranormal outpost at the birth centre."
Shiva headed to the reception. A young woman with silver hair and wearing a tight white suit sat at the counter.
"Hello, Ma'am." Shiva greeted her.
She didn't even lift her head; she just said, "Yes."
"My name is Shiva, and I'm a private investigator."
"And" she replied in a demeaning tone.
"This is Macc."
The woman gave Macc a confused, strange expression. Macc nodded, suggesting to Shiva that he was correct—Paranormal doesn't like Macc. Shiva could now sense it as well.
"Please let me know, Mr. How may I assist you?" With a fake grin, she asked.
"I need Vaibhav's synchronization."
"And a woman by the name of Angelina." Macc interrupted, saying, "Their zone registration number is..."
"Stop." The woman quickly cut Macc off and said, "You are not authorized to ask about anyone's synchronization report. You may leave."
"I'm investigating this case." Shiva approached her and spoke.
"Privately, under Section 112, anyone may employ anyone for personal interest. For us, it is not an official assignment." Woman said.
"A government official can ask for a synchronization report," Shiva asked, pointing to Macc.
"He's a trainee. There isn't any formal paperwork here, either." Ignoring them, she returned to her work.
"It's only a synchronization report." The tone of Shiva has changed. "It should be easily accessible to all."
"Don't debate with me; just go to the public archive." She yelled, gesturing in a particular direction.
"We're not going anywhere."
"You've given me no other option." Her fair face turned red with anger. "I'm calling the security."

"What's the matter, guys? This is my building," said a serious voice.
Everyone whirled around to face the voice. A moustachioed man with black hair was standing there. He appeared respectable. He was dressed entirely in white, which appeared to be very expensive, and he was sporting a green scarf.