Part-13

There was a large crowd in front of the cafe.

Something bad had happened.

In front of the cafe was a gathering of the public, members of social society, and journalists. Everyone was curious about what happened inside.

The police wouldn't let them in.

Shiva pushed through the throng, ignoring the questions made at him.

"Hey, it took you long," said Maya.

Maya, Jack, and other police officers were on the scene and waiting in the cafeteria.

"Waiting for your chance?" inquired Shiva.

"Paranormal, they're doing their thing." Riya answered. She had her tools and equipment ready and was waiting anxiously.

"They are taking too long." Maya complained and kept checking the time, tapping her heel on the ground.

"What can I say? They're paranormal. There is nothing we can do."

Riya gestured to the video that was running on the wall display.

"If anyone is enjoying all these incidents, it is this man." Maya said.

Mayor had been on the news, accusing police and Paranormal for closing the case on the death of Vaibhav and his fiancée without conducting a thorough investigation.

"For this reason, I engaged a private investigator. And trust me, citizens—Mr. Shiva is still looking into it. And eventually the truth will be revealed to us."

Mayor made the comment while addressing the media.

"So, you still believe it's a murder?" A journalist questioned Mayor.

"As the man said in the video yesterday,"

"It's unbelievable that he's brainwashing the citizens into believing that this city is the home of a murderer. He's aware that he won't win the election. One can never be certain of a politician's thoughts." Maya remarked, scrolling Mayor.

"He thinks that if the man in the video from yesterday is arrested, he'll win this election," Shiva predicted.

"He wagered on you." Maya looked at her wristband and exclaimed, "How long will paranormal take?"

Exasperated, Maya went to the door, and it opened right away.

"We are finished here." Offering her a disk, Nick from Paranormal said.

"So, another dead body?" Maya inquired, concerned.

"Yes, and we're bringing the body along." Nick answered.

With their wristbands, all Paranormal officials teleported.

Police hurried to the room where the body of the man had been found.

Just as Nick was ready to teleport, Shiva took hold of his hand.

"We need to talk."

"I am on official duty." Nick said, hesitantly releasing his hand.

"I don't give a damn. You said there's a pattern to these mysterious disappearances, and it always involves Road-siders. I don't think so; your pattern is breaking here."

Shiva surveyed his surroundings. He also waited for the last police officer to leave.

Shiva said, raising his voice. "I still think there is a weapon in Zone that can kill in some way."

"That's not possible," Nick replied.

"You people are going to examine this dead body, then." Shiva inquired.