Masters and Rivals.

(no perspective)

"Hey JoHo!" Yessoan exclaimed, walking into the classroom. They were pretty good friends, even if Yessoan was basically friends with everyone. "How's it been?"

"Good! And you?"
"Oh, it's been amazing! I've been perfecting my strategies in board games a ton recently."
"Woah, cool!" Joseph said. It was pretty early in the day, and so there weren't many students there.

Meanwhile, 9K was walking there, smiling and blushing. He was muttering to himself...
"Oh... my dear Joseph~!" 9K walked through the gate, but noticed that he was nowhere to be found.

"Huh?" he accidentally blurted out. 'Joseph, where are you?' He began walking all around the school, searching for him. Eventually, 9K heard a conversation from a room, and looked through the door's window.

'What? Why is Yessoan there with him? Wait... he better not. No no no no no no no no no. He better not be taking him from me.' 9K's mind circled. Yessoan... might just take him.

'The one person who kept me going. The one person who saved me at my lowest. The one person I love more than anything. The ONE person.' 9K ran off.

He ran. He ran, and ran, and ran. He ran into another room, the storage room. "...I CAN'T LOSE HIM." he quietly screamed, sobbing. 'If I lost him, then I'd-'

"Hey, you good?" Yessoan asked from the outside. "I noticed you run out through the window..." but 9K didn't hear him. He was looking at one thing. Something he saw on top of a bunch of empty cardboard boxes.

A box cutter.

One thought rushed through 9K's mind at that exact moment he noticed the box cutter. 'Do it. You won't lose him then.' he got up, and took it. However, that was when Yessoan gently opened the storage room's door.

"Oh, 9K!" 9K was holding the box cutter behind him. "What's up? You don't seem too... in the right state of mind?"
"I'm... I'm alright."
"Are you sure? You seemed to run off after noticing me and Joseph talking..."

"...You want to know something?"
"Sure...?"
"Recently, I've been paying attention to the fact that you've been talking to him a lot more now than you used to."

"Well- We did get assigned to do a group project together!"
"Yeah, but that's not the only reason now, is it?"
"9K-" Yessoan stepped back in shock, as 9K pulled out the box cutter.

"You have no idea what my life was like before coming here." 9K whispered, holding the box cutter close to Yessoan. "I felt like nothing mattered, I wanted to feel something." closer. "And that almost killed me."

"But during that time, he first showed up."
"I- 9K, can you just-"
"Just what? I need him, or else I'll fall back into the 'nothing matters- phase."

"I-" Yessoan looked around the storage room for anything to help. Wait... a key! Maybe... maybe that could- he ran for it, hoping he could then escape, and maybe lock 9K in there. Alas, it was no use, as... he forgot to keep an eye on 9K.

"Wh-!" he called out, collapsing onto the ground. 9K had stabbed him in the leg, so he couldn't escape. 9K even took that key Yessoan almost lunged for. "You...!"
"Oh, your plan didn't work?" 9K playfully said. "What a shame... At least you won't take him from me now."

...Stab.

-----------------------------------------------------------

aw naur yes so an fucking died