first attempt at (written) body horror

You walked within a giant forest, feeling at one with nature itself. You've always loved the trees; they gave you peace. You're not the god of nature for nothing, after all.

Lying down underneath one, you sighed calmly as you took in the beautiful summer sky, with clouds gazing down from above.

As you remembered some funny times - like that bet you and Spicy made, or that time Nerd destroyed your attempt at more mentions - you laughed to yourself, looking at all the trees around you.

One of them was weird, however. Its leaves were far greener than the rest's. And there was something weird about them as well, almost like they wanted you to come closer...

Its leaves glowed a bright green, and seemed to imply warmth... come closer to it, it won't hurt you.

Getting up, you slowly approached the tree, mesmerized by the leaves, and completely ignoring someone calling for you. All you could focus on were those fluorescent, neon leaves.

As you stood in front of them, you carefully held your arm up to brush them, wondering how a leaf could be so soft... but if only you knew... it's too late now...

Suddenly, you felt a sharp stabbing pain in that arm, and pulled it back in response.

"Oww..." you loudly muttered to yourself, as you questioned what that was about. "Maybe that was just a static shock... probably doesn't mean anything." you added, before looking down and seeing...

Small green stems coming out from your arm.

"Wh-"

"Green? Where did you go?" someone yelled out, gaining your attention. Rather quickly, you realized it was Yessoan.

As much as you wanted to reply, you felt more inclined to worry about the fact that something was spreading through your right arm, and you had no clue as to what it was.

Small stems grew rapidly, stabbing through your arm like a blade, as ink slowly dripped out from it.

But it wasn't just your right arm; it was all of your limbs.

Everywhere felt like it was being stabbed by spikes, and you were shaking uncontrollably because of the pain, but was unable to cry out for help.

Collapsing onto the grass because of the pain, you noticed leaves beginning to sprout from those stems, each the same bright green as the ones you touched.

As the leaves stopped, you slowly turned around, trying to keep the excruciating pain to a minimum.

"Help... me..." you managed to muster up, only barely hearing it over more of Yessoan asking where you were.

Then it all went black; you were still conscious.

"Wh- WHAT JUST HAPPENED?!" you screamed out.

"Green, wha-"

...

"So... his limbs are permanently damaged?"

"Not quite, Cary. Yes, it'll take him a while to recover, but he'll be able to walk again eventually."

"A-And his eyesight?"

"...I'm sorry I have to break this to you."

-----------------------------------------------------------

(481 words)

lol sorry if this scarred you (like how the leaves scar green's eyes- /silly)