Stray Cat Acquired

DING!

The Group had just halfway to Dongguk University Station from Yaksu—curse the Underground for being infested with Rats—when Kim Dokja got a new Notification.

[Due to Contract for Using Constellation 'Trash' of the Count Family's Stigma, You've Given a Scenario!]

Sub-Scenario: Two Halves of a Whole <'Trash' of the Count Family>

Category: Sub (Personal)

Difficulty: B

Clear Condition: A Sacred Item is Split into Halves! Found and Reunites them into One Whole Being

Time Limit: 36 Hours

Reward: 7,000 Coins, ???

Failure: ???

Kim Dokja exchanged a look with his group crew.

He cannot back out since he did accept the Stigma to save Joonghyuk-ah and Mia-yah.

"I'll come with you," Joonghyuk-ah informed him. "I don't trust you to not do anything stupid, and before you said anything," he cut in when Kim Dokja opened his mouth to retort, "Consider the Sea Commander Incident as Exhibit A."

"...You never gonna let me live it down, won't you?"

"Not a chance."

"I think he means, we will come." Jung Heewon stated. "Stick together, right?"

Looks like the decision had been made for him. Kim Dokja should be angry, but, well... guess having experienced how dastard humans can be makes anyone cling to any "decent" person they found.

"So, where is the Location?"

[The Location of the Item is at Namsan Mountain]

Oh, an aboveground location, just Peachy.

Time to get Ellain Monkey's Lungs in Bulk.

"By the way, do you still have the Stigma?"

"No. It get withdrawn when I sacrifice myself."

He think he can hear someone snorted and muttered "deserved".

Hey...!

.

On the way, they paused twice. Once at the Statue of Samnyeondang, where Kim Dokja makes a bargain with the constellation in question (and scaring half of the group if Jung Heewon's reaction was any to go by), and the other at front of a school.

Taepung Girls High. The one from Streaming during the first Scenario.

For some reason, Yoo Joonghyuk stopped and stared at the school.

His mind flashed at the image of the girl. The sole survivor of her class. For some reason, the thought of her made his heart ache.

Why?

He signaled to others about his intention, pointing to the building. Some raised their eyebrow, but followed him regardless.

Due to the size of the building, they decided to split up into groups. To his ire, Yoo Joonghyuk teamed up with Kim Namwoon. Ah well, Mia-yah can keep his Fiancé in check.

He pretends to not see the way the white-haired teen flinched a little when they passed the halls littered with dead and decayed bodies of those who failed the First Scenario, and Yoo Joonghyuk remembered that Kim Namwoon was still in the school. He was wearing High School uniforms, not casual clothes college students do. Based on few pages of Ways of Survival he read (thank you for shoving the webnovel under his nose and forcing him to read it, Dokja-yah), Kim Namwoon is held back by grades. And High School Students attend Night Classes. Gods knows Yoo Joonghyuk has his.