Faithful

Jasmine's Version

"You want something to eat?" Shawn ask

"Yea" I say.

"You know how to cook?" He ask

"Yea, why you want me to cook?" I ask

"Yea, I want you to cook some chicken, mash potatoes, corn bread and some cabbage. You know how to cook all of that?" He ask

"Yea I do" I say.

"Ight, you might wanna start cooking now before it gets late" he says and I get up off the bed bringing my phone with me to go downstairs. I walk pass him and he grabs my phone.

"You not gone need this while you cooking" he says and I walk up to him and kiss him then turn around to walk out the door. He smacks my ass.

I go downstairs and I hear Shawn talking to me from downstairs.

"Yea, you better not be talking to none of these niggas that's in yo phone" he says going through my phone.

I go in the kitchen then go in the icebox and take out the food he named for me to cook.

30 minutes go by and I'm cooking the food. Shawn's in the living room smoking and I'm in the kitchen watching the food. The food is ready and I take out some plates to prepare our meals on.

Shawn comes in the kitchen. "I got paper plates, you don't need these" he says putting up the plates I took out.

"The food ready?" He ask

"Yea" I say

"Look at that cornbread, you did a good job I ain't gone lie. I thought you was gone at least burn the cornbread" he says.

"I don't burn food" I say looking at him.

"I can see gawdamn, you did a good job. Now I wanna see how it taste" he says and I laugh.

"He grabs a paper plate and grabs for the corn bread first. Then he grabs for the cabbage, then the chicken. He goes in the living room and takes a bite of the cornbread. I grab my plate and put just a little bit of everything on it and go in the living room.

"The cornbread good as fuck, what you put in it? You put sugar in it?" He ask

"No I put vanilla extract and honey in it" I say.

"Vanilla extract must be what I'm tasting. You did good for real, and you ain't burn nothing." He says stuffing his face of food.

"Yea I know what I'm doing" I say "and thank you" I say.

"Miquel ever taste yo cooking ?" He ask and I look up at him.

"No. I never cooked for him before" I say.

"Not even once?" He ask

"No" I say

"Finally, something I can have up on him" he says looking at me.

"Why you say that?" I ask

"Because you act like that's yo best friend." He says