Pregnant

He guided her back to their room, intending for her to lie down on the bed and relax. However, she had a different idea. Instead of lying down, she sat up and beckoned him to join her. Wrapping her arms around his, she nestled her head on his shoulder, creating an intimate and comforting moment.

Vijay, a little puzzled by this sudden change, inquired.

Vijay: "What's going on?"

Siyanshi, her emotions a jumble, admitted.

Siyanshi: "I don't know; I'm feeling strange."

Vijay: "Strange how?"

Siyanshi struggled to explain.

Siyanshi: "It's like I'm happy, sad, irritated, and angry all at once. It's confusing. And, for some reason, I'm not feeling sleepy."

Vijay, who knew her well, playfully remarked.

Vijay: "Well, if my Siya isn't sleepy, there's definitely something unusual going on."

Agreeing to use conversation as a distraction, Siyanshi nodded.

Siyanshi: "Yes."

Vijay proposed a topic.

Vijay: "So, what was that you told Amma about me not giving you dessert?"

Siyanshi giggled at the memory and replied.

Siyanshi: "Well, that was the truth; you didn't give me dessert."

Vijay teased her gently.

Vijay: "That's because you never listen to me, you clumsy girl."

Siyanshi protested.

Siyanshi: "Don't call me clumsy."

Vijay, enjoying this playful banter, persisted.

Vijay: "I will because that's what you are."

Soon sleep engulfed them.

The next morning, just as usual, Vijay was the first to awaken. He greeted the day with a gentle smile, his gaze falling upon his slumbering wife.

Vijay, thinking ahead about the busy day that lay ahead, commented to himself

Vijay: "Well, today is going to be tough."

With that in mind, he prepared himself for the day ahead. Once he was ready, he turned his attention to Siyanshi, who was still cozily wrapped in her duvet.

Vijay called out.

Vijay: "Siya, wake up. We need to go for a walk."

Seeing that Siyanshi didn't even stir at his words, he decided to take a more hands-on approach. He gently pulled back the duvet and shook her shoulder, hoping to rouse her from her slumber.

Siyanshi, in a half-awake daze, grumbled.

Siyanshi: "Urgh, let me sleep."

Vijay, persistent in his efforts, insisted.

Vijay: "No, come on. Just get up and come with me for a walk."

Siyanshi, still groggy, looked at him with slightly open eyes and inquired.

Siyanshi: "Walk? But why?"

Vijay replied with a touch of mischief.

Vijay: "Because I want to go with you. Won't you come?"

He knew exactly how to win her over - his signature weapon, a puppy-dog sad face.

Siyanshi, despite her initial reluctance, couldn't resist his appeal and conceded.