CHAPTER 9

"are you okay?"

I was confused, it was such a weird dream, heck I'm not sure if it even was a dream, I think the man noticed the expression on my  face.

"Feeling confused?"

"Yeah.. everything was just too familiar..."

"Because it was you."

"What do you mean?"

"It was a flashback, from your past life, I know this sounds so fake but everything you saw and heard, everything I'm saying right now, is nothing but the truth"

"Okay, I believe you, but what was I? Who was that girl? And why did she look like...me?"

"Because, well well well, she was you, you are her."

I was in utter shock and confusion, what on the earth is happening? What am I? I don't know but all of this is making me doubt my existence.

"My child, before you start doubting yourself and your existence, lemme tell you something"

"Okay, go on"

I let him speak, I had no other option but to listen, wait, I have a question. Just as the man was about to speak, I spoke.

"I'm sorry but I have a question, if the girl from the flashback was me? Why was I with Jungwon? And that too in a castle?"

"That's the night you died, Eunhee, you and Jungwon were soulmates, you two were about to get married, you were a vampire too but"

Flashback

I, Hwang Jangmi,was getting ready for a grand ball, today, I would not be introduced as Hwang Jangmi, the princess of the Hwang kingdom but as Jungwon's soulmate. I was honestly scared but yeah, now or never.

I went out of my room after getting ready with Jungwon, everything was going pretty smooth, the king revealed that I was his only son's soulmate and everybody was quite happy with that. After the little introduction, everyone, including me and jungwon started dancing, suddenly something happened and it got dark, I heard screams from everywhere and out of nowhere, I was taken away from Jungwon, someone covered my mouth and was dragging me harshly to somewhere I didn't know.

The person finally stopped dragging me and said.

"I can't believe you are his soulmate, you know, the prince isn't who you think he is, he's actually horrible, he had multiple soulmates throughout his whole life but afterall, he's a vampire and he needs blood you know? He has killed all of them just because of his bloodlust. He's planning to kill you too, but don't worry, I'll save you from him"

"He's not gonna kill me, he has promised me, he can never harm me, he loves me, and who the hell even are you?"

"Oh darling, he will and I know that, but I won't let him kill you, you're mine...to kill ofcourse!"

The person started to walk towards me, I was shocked and scared, what's happening? Where is Jungwon, why isn't he here to save me? I was so lost that I didn't realise the person being so close, suddenly I felt my dress getting wet and there was a sharp pain on my chest, they stabbed me right in the heart.

"PRINCESS JANGMI"

Some guard from the palace yelled, it was the last thing I heard before I collapsed and fell on the ground.

"She's d-dead"

Present

"That's what happened to you, on the night of the grand ball, Jungwon was broken but still lived, hoping he will find Jangmi again, and well, he did."

"Jangmi was his soulmate And Jangmi is me, so does that mean"

"Yes, you're his soulmate Eunhee"

"Me and Jungwon are s-soulmates?"

"J-jangmi, is it you?"