The CEO's Wife

Prologue

Marriage

I was so happy to finally graduate from college!

Since I was only a girl I already dreamed of becoming a CEO as well just like my dad. Daddy works as the chief executive officer of a real estate company. At ang trabaho niya ang rason kung bakit komportable niya kaming nabuhay dalawa ni Mommy.

I'm an only child. At dahil siguro wala nang ibang pinagkakagastusan na anak, kaya naman naging medyo waldas din si Mommy sa pera... While Dad had to work extra to give and provide for all of our needs and even our wants. At hindi madali ang pagiging CEO. I've seen my dad get stressed with his work, too.

Bata pa lang ako ay minsan dinadala na rin ako ni daddy sa office nila. So I've seen how the employees work. At sa bahay naman ay madalas ko rin puntahan si daddy sa office study niya. And my dad won't get annoyed by his little girl disturbing his work, instead he would show it to me and even explain how he does his job.

And that's how I became interested in his job.

Kaya siguro naging pangarap ko na rin ang maging kagaya sa kay daddy.

I know that leading a company is a big responsibility. Sabi nga ni daddy sa akin na kailangan mong ayusin ang trabaho mo so that masiguro mo rin na walang magugutom sa pamilya ng ibang mga empleyado na nagtatrabaho rin sa company at hindi sila mawawalan ng trabaho kapag napabayaan ang kompanya. You have to take care of the company and maintain it. And it's not easy to lead and maintain a company with hundreds or thousands of employees and their families to feed. Daddy told me that even the future of their family is in his hands as the company's leader. So he must manage the business well.

At hindi lang basta sa kung kanino napupunta ang responsibility ng pagiging isang CEO.

Daddy wasn't born rich. Nagsimula lang din siya noon bilang isang simpleng empleyado. Until his boss noticed him and his talents in business that brought him to a great success of becoming the CEO of one of his boss's group of companies. And that boss, that person was the founder of the Villarama Group of Companies.

"Congratulations, Hasmine!" Nagpasabog pa ng confetti sina Mommy.

Ngumiti na lang ako at na appreciate din ang hinanda para sa akin ng parents ko for my graduation.

I didn't want any grand celebration for my graduation. Even if I graduated with the Latin honor I just want to celebrate at home with my parents. At pinagbigyan naman nila ako.

"We're so proud of you, Karla Hasmine." Daddy said.

I smiled. Sa kanila ni Mommy ko lang din madalas na naririnig ang second name ko na Hasmine. Most of my classmates and friends just calls me by my first name Karla or sometimes it's Karlee, too. It's like my little nickname to them.

"Yes, hija! We're so proud of you!"

Bumaling din ako kay Mommy at ngumiti rin. "Thank you, Mommy. Thank you, Daddy." And I kissed their cheeks.

I'm grateful for my parents. I have a complete family and a good life because of them. And I will do everything for them as well...

"Hija, ano ang gusto mong gift galing sa amin ng daddy mo?" Tanong sa akin ni Mommy.

I looked at Dad who's also waiting for my answer. "How about a car? Would you let me drive on my own now, Dad?" I asked. I was hopeful. Hanggang college ko kasi ay hatid-sundo pa rin ako. Minsan ng parents ko o ni daddy. At madalas din na ang driver na kinuha namin ang naghahatid-sundo sa akin sa school.

I wanna try driving my own car, too!

"Perfect!" Nag-agree naman sa akin si Mommy.

While dad's forehead creased. "But you have a driver. You don't have to drive on your own..." He said.