ATTEMPTED THEFT

After getting settled in Mal, Marley, and Evie head to the boy's room. When they get there they find Carlos playing a game and Jay putting stuff on his bed.

"Jay, what are you doing?" Marley asks as her and Mal walk over to him.

"It's called stealing." Jay answers as he pulls various items out of his clothes.

"Okay, but what's the point?" Marley asks.

"Well Mars, it's like buying whatever I want, except it's free." Jay explains with a smirk as he pulls out a laptop and shows it to her.

"Okay. So you could do that, or you could leave all of this here and pick it up when we take over the world." Mal says causing Jay to roll his eyes.

"You sound just like mom/like your mom." Marley and Evie say together, Marley rolling her eyes.

Mal places her hand over her heart, looking at Marley and Evie, "Thank you."

"You do it your way and I'll do it mine." Jay says before walking away from the girls.

"Die, suckers! Jay,come check this thing out." Carlos says as he plays the game, "Man, it's awesome." Jay grabs the controllers from Carlos and starts to play the game.

"Guys! Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?" Mal asks, as everyone had turned to focus on Jay playing the game.

"Fairy Godmother, blah, blah, blah. Magic wand, blah, blah, blah." Jay says causing Marley, Evie and Carlos to laugh.

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents." Mal says causing Marley, Evie, and Carlos to stop laughing, and Jay to stop playing the game, "To prove that we are evil and vicious and ruthless and cruel. Yeah?"

"Yeah." The other four agree.

"Evie, mirror me." Marley says as she joins Mal at the table, the rest joining them.

"Mirror, mirror on the..." Evie says before correcting herself, "In my hand, where is Fairy Godmother's wand.....stand?"

"There it is!" Marley exclaims as it appears in the mirror.

"Zoom out." Carlos says.

"Magic mirror, not so close." Evie says causing the mirror to zoom out, to where the whole world shows, "Closer. Closer. Closer."

"Can I go back to my game? I'm on level three." Carlos says as he starts to move away from the group.

"Stop!" Jay calls out as he sees a sign.

"It's in a museum. Do we know where that is?" Mal asks, as Carlos starts to look it up on the laptop.

"2.3 miles from here." Carlos says, before Mal goes to check to see if the hallway is clear since it was after curfew.

"Come on." Mal says as she takes off with Jay, Evie, and Marley right behind her, "Carlos!" Marley calls out.

"Coming!" Carlos yells as he stops playing the game, grabbing his jacket and taking off after the group. They arrive at the museum not too long after they left.

"Check your mirror." Marley tells Evie as they walk down the steps of the museum.

"Is my mascara smudge?" Evie asks in alarm.

"Yeah. And hey, while you're at it, why don't you see if you can find us the wand?" Mal says sarcastically.

"Sure. This way." Evie says before leading them to some double doors.

They look inside to find a security guard watching the screens with various items on the screens, such as Beast's rose, Cinderella's slipper, and Genie's lamp. They quickly duck out of the way as the security guard turns toward the doors. They look back inside before seeing Maleficent's spinning wheel.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay asks as he and Carlos laugh.

"Yeah, it's kinda dorky." Carlos laughs in agreement.

"It's magic. It doesn't have to look scary." Marley says as she flicks Jay and Carlos on the back of their heads, Mal opens their mother's spell book.

"Magic spindle, do not linger. Make me victim prick a finger." Mal reads before they watch the security guard stare at the spinning wheel.

"Impressive." Jay says sarcastically.

"I've got chills." Carlos says sarcastically.

"Okay you know what?" Marley says as she takes the book from Mal, "Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep." The security guard stands before pricking his finger and falling asleep, "Not so dorky now, huh? She then tries to open the door but it's locked.

"Stand back." Jay says with a smirk before backing up. Mal quickly grabs the spell book before flipping to a spell.

"Make it easy, make it quick, open up without a kick." Mal reads causing the door to open as Jay runs forward to kick it open making him fall, "Coming?"

They then sneak past the security guard, before heading upstairs as Evie follows her mirror. They all freeze as they enter a room that has life-like statues of their parents that look extremely evil.

"Mommy?" Evie asks.

"Killer." Jay says.

"Wicked." Marley says with her eyes wide.

"I'll never forget Mother's Day again." Carlos says in fear.

"Well, the wand's not here. Let's bounce." Jay says but nobody leaves, "Let's go."

Marley pats her sister's shoulder before she, Evie, Jay, and Carlos leave the room, leaving Mal behind. Mal stays as she looks at her mother, trying to figure out what to do. She knows her sister doesn't want this, she wants to be free from their mother. Mal doesn't know what she wants.

"Look at you, look at me.
I don't know who to be
Mother
Is it wrong? Is it right?
Be a thief in the night
Mother
Tell me what to do...." Mal sings as she looks at her mother's statue, she was so conflicted.

"Hey, Evie found the wand. Let's go." Marley says as she comes back into the room, before leaving again. Mal looks back at the statue and it's as if nothing had happened. Like her mother telling her to be evil like her never happened. Mal was still unsure what to do. Mal quickly catches up to the others, where they stand on a balcony that's in the center of the room, before looking down, and seeing the wand.

"Here it is." Jay is the first to run out of the room with the others right behind him. Jay runs around to the other side of the wand, while the others stop in front of it.

"Jay, don't!" Marley says as he goes to go under the rail, she then notices a force field under the wand, "Wait, no! No! Don't!" Jay hits the force field before being sent over the rail and an alarm going off.

"A force field and a siren?" Carlos asks as they all cover their ears.

"That's a little excessive." Jay says as he crawls forward.

"Let's go!" Mal says as Marley rushes to help Jay up. They quickly run back downstairs without being caught by the security guard.

Carlos stops to answer the phone, "Hello? Uh, uh, just give me one second. One second. Uh, yeah, yeah. No false alarm. It was a malfunction in the, uh, the 714 chip in the breadboard circuit. Okay. Say hi to the missus." Carlos says as he hits some buttons and the alarm goes off.

"Carlos!" Marley calls out, waiting by the door for him.

"You're welcome." Carlos says before they take off, running back to the dorms.

"Way to go, Jay. Now we have school tomorrow." Mal complains.