Book 11: Hei Jinyu Are You Insane?

Amid the resplendent opulence of Great Bei's Imperial Palace, a grand banquet was underway.

The banquet hall was a masterpiece of architectural elegance. The air, heavy with the rich fragrance of food, while tapestries hung on the walls depicting scenes of legendary battles and peaceful landscapes.

As the evening sun started setting, lanterns of various shapes and colors were lit, creating a luminous canopy that bathed the halls in a dreamlike radiance while Musicians in the corner played delicate melodies on traditional instruments, adding to the enchantment of the evening.

Inside, the atmosphere was alive with animated conversations and laughter as guests toasted to one another with cups of wine. The laughter was infectious, a harmonious blend of camaraderie and shared joy.

The settings for each guest were intricately arranged with porcelain dishes and jade chopsticks.

Each individual table lined up after the other, stretching the length of the hall and each covered with a crimson silk cloth embroidered with golden flowers.

The sumptuous array of dishes and grand preparations reflected the wealth and prosperity of Great Bei while also celebrating their victory and honoring the fallen.

It also showed the people how greatly the Emperor valued the Jiuwei Battalion.

The seating arrangement for the Hei clan was near the Emperor's, just after the Prince and Princesses tables. This itself was special as the position of the Hei clan was merely that of a general, but they were seated amongst the rank of dukes and royals.

Everyone was cautious about how they behaved, all dressed to the nines to impress.

But even in such an extravagant place, one person himself carried a calm and composed expression as if even if the world collapsed, he would still be sipping silently on his wine.

He was used to the stares and hushed whispers from the people around, but only after a while did he realised, they were actually staring at the person sitting beside him instead.

He stole a glance, raising his eyebrow slightly.

He was honestly impressed with the way she was able to handle such a heavy and intimidating atmosphere.

Everyone around was staring, clamoring amongst themselves. After all, this was the first time they had seen the hidden Wife of Hei Jinyu!

Qin Ruisheng appeared dressed marvelously, her brocade garments were made from the finest black silks, intricately embroidered with red thread patterns depicting a blooming cherry blossoms.

Honestly, most of the people present were surprised that Qin Ruisheng had the guts to wear the Hei clan's colours. Normally, Black itself was dull and gloomy, whilst a contrasting red made one look eerie and haunting. Not at all the colours for a young bright lady.

One couldn't help but watch her, perhaps it was the unyielding spirit in her eyes, but for a young lady her age, to be able to wear the Hei clan's colours as if they were colors made only for her, truly not just anyone could do it.

Amid the gossiping, a sharp voice suddenly pulled everyone's attention, announcing the arrival of the Emperor.

The entire grand hall turned silent as everyone bowed, and their voice rang out in unison to great and welcome their Emperor and Empress.

Standing up, Qin Ruisheng bowed her head, but secretly stole a glance as a figure passed by in front of her.

The Emperor was resplendent in his royal attire, his presence commanded respect and awe, and his smile bestowed honor upon his guests.