|10| s p a c e. (pt. 2)

ℕ𝕆𝕋𝔼(𝕊):
💌

- here's the last to the flashback perspective!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

******
SOUTHERN CAL CAMPUS
PERFORMING ARTS HALL
MAIN DANCE STUDIO
******

In the spacious dance studio, strains of music filled the room as Olivia and Kia worked on crafting a routine for the fashion show during the upcoming first semester of the school year.

While perfecting their dance, Olivia stumbled over her steps, her movements faltering momentarily, making Kia eye her face with concern.

"Liv, you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just... a bit off, I guess." Olivia's breath came in short, uneven gasps as she shook her head slightly.

"We can take a break..." Kia suggested.

"No... no, it's fine. Let's just keep going, please." She insisted.

Dancing was usually an escape for her, but with the things she's had going on over the past few days, it seems she hasn't been able to escape it at all. Once they resumed their routine, Kia's movements flowed effortlessly while Olivia struggled to keep pace, her exhaustion weighing heavily on her shoulders.

Sensing more of her friend's distress, Kia made a decision, swiftly moving to pause the music and bringing their dance to an abrupt halt.

"Okay, it's quite clear that it is not fine, Liv."

"You don't have to talk about it now, but you should give yourself a break." She continued, her concern evident in the depths of her eyes as she studied Olivia's fatigued features.

Olivia sighed, taking a seat on the floor as she pushed some of her hair back out of her face. With a sympathetic look, Kia walked over to grab their water bottles before coming back to take a seat next to her. A faint smile formed on Olivia's lips while thanking her.

"I know things are pretty overwhelming right now, but you still have to take care of yourself, Olivia." Kia advised, her words a gentle reminder of the importance of self-care amidst the chaos of how life can be.

"I don't think I even know how to do that anymore." Olivia admitted, shifting on the floor, muscles aching from the strain of the day.

"You know, I understand everyone's reasoning. I really do." She spoke up again.

"But, I just don't know how to feel about it." She sighed.

"How are you feeling?" Kia asked genuinely.

"Hurt. Conflicted. Alone..."

With a sigh of her own, Kia scooted closer, offering her support while they sat in silence and Olivia allowed herself to gather her running thoughts.

"Look, I don't know of everything, but I don't blame you for wanting to be protective over your own feelings, Liv. Especially after they've been hurt."

"But, he's hurting too..." Olivia said with lament strong in her voice.

It was like her heart was clashing with her mind and she had no idea how or what to feel. With a sympathetic smile, Kia wrapped her arm around Olivia's shoulders, hoping to provide her with as much comfort as she could.