|13| n e x u s.

ℕ𝕆𝕋𝔼(𝕊):
💌

- hey, hey!! 🫶🏾

- finals are over and i'm finally free!! 🥹

- another chapter is coming either later tonight or tomorrow! hope you enjoy this one! 🍿

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

******
SOUTHERN CAL CAMPUS
OLIVIA & JORDAN'S APARTMENT
FRIDAY
******

The late morning sun streamed through the curtains while Spencer lay sprawled out on the floor, engaged in a playful exchange with his son. With a small football clutched within his tiny fingers, Kai tumbled into his dad's arms, laughing uncontrollably as he was tackled.

"Touchdown!"

The one-year-old exclaimed, eliciting a hearty chuckle to fall from his dad's lips as he held both hands up for a high-five, while the infectious laughter from Kai echoed in the room.

Their attention soon shifted toward the voice they both loved to hear coming from down the hallway. They looked at each other with raised eyebrows and smiles growing on their faces as Olivia exited her bedroom, her phone pressed against her ear.

"Davita, I can't do this by myself." Olivia said, opening the fridge to grab some orange juice.

Keeping his eyes on her while Kai became distracted by something on the TV, Spencer's eyes trailed over her mesmerizing figure. Zoned in on her long, toned legs accompanied by a pair of lounge shorts that stopped right at the tip of her thighs.

"Liv, this is your project. All I did was sign off on it and promote it. And, you won't be doing it by yourself. You have a whole team ready to help with whatever you need. You will be fine." Davita reassured her.

"I chose you as my VP because I know you can get the job done. Now, remind yourself of who you are, and get to work, please, sis." She continued, causing Olivia to nod as if her friend could see her through the phone.

"Call me if you need anything. Love you!"

"Love you too." Olivia replied, ending the call before placing her phone on the counter.

"Mama come play!" Kai chimed in, paddling toward his mother to hand her the mini football.

With a smile, Olivia bent down and placed a soft kiss on his cheek while looking over to Spencer, who grinned and winked, eager to share another moment with her.

"Yeah, mama. Come play." He smirked, watching as Olivia pursed her lips together and giggled.

Scooping her baby into her arms while pressing kisses along his cheeks, they joined Spencer on the floor.

"Hut!" Kai exclaimed, catching the ball his mother tossed to him before running towards Spencer, who moved out of the way playfully to let him score.

"Touchdown!" They all cheered this time, laughing as Kai clapped his hands excitedly while his eyes gleamed with joy.

As the game went on, Spencer noticed Olivia's smile fading. Once Kai was fully occupied by the cartoons playing on the TV, he leaned closer to Olivia, his voice low and curious.

"You good?"

"Yeah, just a little overwhelmed with everything coming up." She paused, meeting Spencer's gaze, which was returned with a furrowed brow.

"Davita's attending a seminar in Florida next week, so that means all of the homecoming responsibility goes to the VP... me..."

"And, you'll handle it all like a pro. Like you always do." Spencer said, interrupting Olivia's rambling so she wouldn't psych herself out.