|3| r e t r o s p e c t.

******
SOUTHERN CAL CAMPUS
OLIVIA & JORDAN'S APARTMENT
SUNDAY
******

Waking up to the warmth of Olivia's body pressed against him, Spencer blinked his eyes open, taking in the cozy atmosphere. His eyes glanced down to look at Olivia still asleep, with her head resting on his chest and their son nestled in her arms.

Unable to keep a smile from spreading across his face, memories of mornings just like this, filled with the love they shared. The happiness, and the simplicity of it all flooded his remembrance as he gazed down at his two greatest loves.

Spencer's eyes remained firm on Olivia for a second. Her face, even in a peaceful slumber, held a serene beauty that captivated him. His fingers traced along Kai's tiny hand before he carefully lifted his arm to brush a strand of hair away from Olivia's face. His touch was light as a feather as the quiet room amplified with the sounds of their breathing.

Olivia shifted slightly, her eyelashes brushing against her cheeks. Making Spencer smile as he pressed his cheek to the top of her head and closed his eyes.

He thought of everything the two of them had been through thus far in their now-distant relationship. From the first awkward conversations to the giddy feelings they'd have just by the thought of being around each other. To the first kiss. The first, "I love you". The first date. To them sharing all of their first-time experiences.

There was never anyone else for Spencer, because his heart has always been devoted to Olivia. He just hoped for the chance to show her that again.

His thoughts wandered to the recent past. The painful moments they've both been through that led the way to their breakup. He was aware of the arduous journey that lay ahead, as he prepared to do whatever he needed to rebuild the foundation that was considered one of the biggest aspects of their relationship.

He knew it wouldn't be easy, nor did he expect it to be. But at this moment, with Olivia and Kai in his arms, Spencer felt more hopeful than he had in months.

******
SOUTHERN CAL CAMPUS
SIMONE'S APARTMENT
******

{FLASHBACK/DREAM SEQUENCE}

Simone laid back in her bed with her eyes closed, becoming lost in the depths of her thoughts. She drifted into a dream-like state, letting her mind take her back to the first moment the feelings she had begun to feel for Jordan sparked.

Just freshly seventeen years old, discovering the shocking truth about her life and the lie she had been told for all of her childhood. The revelation left her heartbroken and betrayed.

She hid herself in her room, unable to contain the whirlwind of emotions that raged inside her. She was accompanied by Olivia, Jordan, and Spencer, as the three of them had hoped to provide some comfort and support.

While the boys stood outside of Simone's room, Olivia tried her best to lift her best friend's spirits, but even she couldn't completely chase away the shadows that had descended over Simone.

After a slightly failed attempt to cheer her up, Olivia hugged her tightly. Her voice filled with love and concern as she rubbed her back.

"I love you, Sisi. And, I'll be here for whatever you need. Always." She whispered, pressing her cheek against Simone's before making her way out of her bedroom.