Shaurya

I know I should've fired her the moment she entered my office. But seems like there's a war going on inside me and according to the quotes I've heard, there are only two organs in a human being that go on a war with each other that is your brain and I am sure I don't have one but your heart. One keeps on telling me to get the hell away and the other coaxes me to keep her close to me, know what ticks her off and looking at the situation I am fairly sure the second one wins most of the time.
I wasn't supposed to pin her to the door this morning, but as if I  wasn't ready to let her go even if she was going to her desk outside my office. She always stirs things inside me that I have no idea about and there is nothing I hate more than the unknowns. I've reached up till here after knowing each and every aspect of things I do and that happens with me, this unknown emotion is an extreme red flag warning me to stay the fuck away from her.

I remove my lunch and soda diet from the bag and notice an extra box which I'm sure I didn't ordered. I think my princess left it by mistake, I can go out and give her back but I am afraid I'll lose control if I have another encounter with her so I  let the box be. I eat a forkful of the pasta I ordered but don't feel any happiness or the sense of satisfaction they talk about getting when having a meal after having to work all day. I'm sure I won't waste a single minute on eating if I didn't needed the energy. I eat a bit more and throw the rest in trash and pick up the extra box to throw it away too when a pink note comes fluttering towards me and I pick it up and read
'Since you've decided to be an asshole to me you need some extra energy and I am very good at my job so have it ' with a fucking smiley face at the end.
I glare at the note for I don't know how much time before I keep it at my desk. What is this girl playing at now ? Energy for me ? If I didn't knew better I'd think she cares for me but in this short period I've known one thing about my princess that even if I was the last person on this planet she won't care for me.

I look at the box for the 20th or is it 25th time in the last 10 minutes trying to understand what is it and why is it still kept on my desk. I want to know so badly but I stop myself because I am not going to let myself fall in her trap or whatever she's trying to do.

All the reasonings can go fuck themselves. I pick up the box and open it and.........why didn't I expected this ? Of course that girl would bring me shrikhand out of all the things she could've got from the restaurant. I should keep the box back now that I know what is it but I can't. I take scoop a spoonful of it and place it in my mouth. It's been a long time since I had shrikhand and I almost forgot the taste, the heavenly feeling coming back  which I've not experienced since my mother's death. I remember she always used to give us shrikhand when we used to come back from school and every time dad scolded us for our mischieves. I close my eyes briefly and the words come out on there own accord "I miss you so much mom."

It's almost 6 pm as in the time everyone from the building will rush to go back at their home to their families but since I live in a house and have nothing close to a family except for my brothers and grandma. I go to the window to get some fresh air and see the crowd of people on the street. But then my sight goes to a car which I got familiar with just this morning. The best friend's car. I look out of my office at time to see her packing her stuff. Oh so my princess does have a chauffeur too who's waiting down to pick her up. A smug smile appears on my face and rest....

"Come to my office immediately, princess" I tell on the phone that directly connects me to my secretary's desk. I see her huffing and puffing and see the moments of her lips from the one sided glass of my office. She's probably cursing me all the way to the end of the world but I don't seem to be offended as long as I get to keep her away from that prick of her best friend. A knock sounds on my door and I straighten in my chair and tell her to come in. She appears in front of me with all the anger in the world swirling in her eyes like a volcano just before erupting. "You called for me ass- I mean sir ?" She says trying but failing to keep her voice calm. I raise a brow at her without responding to her and that makes her more angry because she closes her eyes and takes a deep breath probably trying to stop herself from murdering me.
"Yes I did, princess , I have an important meeting tomorrow with my clients and I want you to go through the documents once again to see if there are any loop holes which we couldn't find in our previous checks." I say in a serious tone.
"But the documents are 78 pages long with god knows how many thousands of words in it." She says, clearly accepting that she won't get calm and lets the irritation slip in her voice.
"Is that you trying to give excuses and run away from your work, princess ? Because from what I heard about you , you are very hardworking and always up for a job." I say in a innocent tone.
"Fine I'll do it send the document to my mail. I'll do it and send you " she says finally accepting her defeat.
"No princess, you have to do it right here in the office. Those documents are very important and I can't risk anything with them." I say in my no nonsense tone. She turns away and goes back to her desk and starts unpacking her things and me ? A strange sense of victory flow through my system as if telling me that I did the right thing.