13 - Pushing Limits

The boys knew that they couldn't stay that night. The kids knew that just as well.

Tomorrow would be Monday. Back to school after a small break.

Every single person would go back to school, except for y/n, and Zenon. She hadn't had the time to get him into daycare, trying to get him comfortable with herself and the house before she put him into a new environment again.

She would have to stay home until she was able to get him into a daycare 5 days a week.

"Whatcha thinkin bout y/n?"

"Huh? Oh, Tsumu, sorry, what did you say?"

"Nothin much, yer look lost in thought. That's all. Got something on yer mind?"

Atsumu was surprisingly perceptive when it came to other people's emotions.

But Atsumu wasn't the only one that noticed y/n spacing out. The entire group plus the older kids were all talking quietly amongst themselves about what it could be.

All of them throwing out different answers. None of them being right.

Kita was always a cut above the rest when it came to just... knowing. He always knew what people needed most. And he had a sneaking suspicion that he knew now as well.

"Y/n, it's ok. You can come back to school tomorrow. I'll get the twins and Suna to give you their notes because it'll be a miracle if 1 of them had all the notes. With all 3 of their notes, you can peice together what you missed."

"Yes but what about Zeno-"

"I already made all the calls y/n. Zenon is going to be attending the same daycare as Zeal. I didn't say anything that would compromise your situation, but I assume they know a little bit because they offered to let Zenon's payments slide until Zeal left."

Y/n was struggling to keep her bottom lip from wobbling.

"All you have to do is sign a few papers when you drop the kids off." Kita gave her a smile, but before he could do anything else, Atsumu jumped up from their little circle on the lounge room floor and rushed over to y/n, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"You have to come back to school. We won't ask you to stay behind anymore to watch us practice. And we won't ask you to be manager anymore. Not now that we know why you couldn't do that stuff before."

Y/n, still struggling with that bottom lip, pulled Atsumu into a hug. "I'll go tomorrow if everything falls through at the daycare, ok? And I was never bothered by your antics Tsumu. If anything I just felt bad because I couldn't tell you. I knew you wouldn't push me away or anything. So it's ok."

Atsumu hugged his friend tighter. And then y/n spoke again. "I promise, to all of you, that I won't keep any secrets anymore. I'll be completely open and honest. But I hope you're all ok with mum treatment because that's a part of my personality. I try and hide it around people that aren't my kids ya know?"

She chuckled and Atsumu let go. Everyone agreeing that it was a deal.

.

Y/n was trying to figure out what they would have for dinner when she realised that the boys had to leave.

Their stay was much appreciated, but her bank accounts couldn't afford to keep them at the house. She knew their parents probably missed them too. They'd been gone 5 days at this point.

"It's time for you all to leave..." y/n said under her breath. However, she has terrible timing and spoke during a break in the conversation, so everyone heard it regardless. Still being sat in a circle on the floor in the lounge room, everyone looked up at her.