Home Sweet Home🏡

~At the airport
"Blaze, over here!" said a purple female cat. "It feels to nice to see again."

"I missed you too, mom. Silver didn't come?", Blaze responded.

"He's in the toilet. He has had way too much chilli dogs with Sonic.", Blaze's mom, Jennifer chuckled. "Anyway, I'm so sorry that you had to go through all of this.", Jennifer said, her smile fading away. "I wish I was the one who had gotten your custody after our divorce."

With tears filling up Blaze's eyes, she responded, "It's fine mom, it was not your fault. Let bygones be bygones. I'm here with you now, right?"

"Yeah right", Jennifer said hugging her daughter after three years.

Soon, they were interrupted by two panting hedgehogs. "Hi Blaze, it feels so good to see you back. I've missed you sis."

"I've missed you too Silver, but I'm back now so I would rather not go down the memory lane.", Blaze replied and hugged her brother.

"Ahem, did you forget about me Blaze?",the blue hedgehog asked.

"Omg Sonic, it's been so long. And, I didn't forget you obviously, we were inseparable. I also happened to hear that you finally asked Sally Acorn out. Are you even the real Sonic?", Blaze joked.

"Well..it was quite easy actually. I am so irresistible after all", Sonic replied.

Everyone laughed to his response. "We should get going", Jennifer said. "Blaze has to unpack her luggage and rest after this long flight".

"I am indeed tired.", Blaze said. "Let's go home, I can't wait to sleep."

"And as far as I remember, do not wake Blaze from her sleep if you wanna stay alive.", Sonic laughed and earned a small punch from Blaze. "Shadow couldn't come to see you. He is working on an assignment. Believe me or not, he's really working hard to get into Oxford University."

"Damn, I really forgot how determine Shadow can be.", Blaze said.

The group proceeded to go their cars and drove home. Blaze was happy to be back, to see her family again, to meet her friends and most importantly, to start her new life.

~Home
As she entered her room, many memories came flushing to her head. She stared at photos of her with her mom, Silver and her grandparents on the wall. On the nightstand, next to her bed, was a photo of her with her whole family, including her dad. She picked the photo up and placed it close to her heart, tears now streaming down her face. 'If only you cared for us.', Blaze thought to herself and placed the photo back. She wiped her tears and looked around her room one more time, it was simple yet cozy at the same time.

"Do you like it? Silver and I redecorated it for your arrival.", Jennifer asked Blaze as she entered the room.

"Like it? I love it!", Blaze replied, "It looks just like how I wanted it to be. Elegant.".

"I'm glad that you love it. Now go freshen up and we will have dinner together. After dinner, we will help you unpack your bags and then you can rest, dear.", Jennifer said.

"Ok mom, but please, don't make me unpack everything tonight.", Blaze pleaded jokingly.

"Alright alright, no problem. Anything for my sweetheart. Now, be fast while Silver is setting the table.".

~Dinner time
The family of three was discussing their lives while eating. Blaze's favourite dishes were made: chicken biryani accompagnied with tomato chutney. Silver popped a bottle of champagne to celebrate her sister's return. Now for desserts, they were having chocolate ice cream..

~After dinner
The trio were unpacking the bags and assembled them in the cupboards. Blaze did bring a lot of stuffs.

"Two more bags to go, but let's keep them for tomorrow. I kinda want to sleep right now.", Blaze stated.

"You are right", Silver replied, "Tomorrow is your first day at school, you need to be fully ready. Get some rest. Goodnight Blaze.".

"Goodnight darling, if you need anything just call me. Okay?", Jennifer said.

"Okay mom, I will inform you, don't worry. Goodnight everyone❤.".

Silver and Jennifer left her room after turning off the lights. Soon enough, Blaze was already in a deep slumber.

What will happen on the first day of school tomorrow? Will she be able to make friends or become an outcast? Only time will tell us.