I did it!

Final Practice

The sun shone brightly on Friday afternoon as Blaze prepared for her last practice before the audition. She strummed her guitar lightly, feeling a mix of excitement and nerves. Today was crucial, and she wanted to make the most of it.

As she arrived at the garage, she was greeted by her friends. Tails was busy tinkering with some gadgets, while Amy set up her phone to record the practice. Sonic stood with Sally, who wore a slightly disapproving expression as she glanced at Blaze and the others.

“Hey, Blaze! Ready for the final rehearsal?” Tails called out, his enthusiasm infectious.

“Yeah, I think so!” she replied, taking a deep breath to calm her nerves.

Sally stepped closer to Sonic, whispering, “Are you sure you want to spend time with them? You know they can be a distraction.”

Sonic shrugged, trying to play it cool. “They’re my friends, Sally. I want to support Blaze.”

Just then, Scourge sauntered in, leaning casually against the wall. “What’s up, Blaze? Heard you’re about to steal the show,” he said, flashing her a warm smile before stepping closer, offering a supportive hug.

Blaze smiled back, feeling a rush of warmth from his attention. “Thanks, Scourge. That means a lot!”

Knuckles burst through the door, a pizza box in hand. “Did someone say rehearsal? I brought snacks!” he announced, grinning widely.

“Perfect timing, Knuckles! I’m starving!” Amy exclaimed, grabbing a slice. “This is the fuel Blaze needs to rock the audition!”

Shadow entered shortly after, arms crossed, taking in the scene. He shot Scourge a glare, clearly not pleased with how close he was to Blaze.

Rouge, who had just come from cheerleading practice, noticed the tension. She leaned over to Shadow, whispering with a teasing grin, “Jealous much?”

“Not jealous. Just… concerned,” Shadow muttered, casting another wary glance at Scourge.

“Sure, keep telling yourself that,” Rouge replied, smirking.

Blaze, oblivious to the underlying currents, picked up her guitar and began strumming the opening chords of “Ain’t It Fun” by Paramore. The upbeat melody filled the garage, and she felt a wave of confidence wash over her.

As she played, the room lit up with energy. Sonic leaned against the wall, trying to focus on her performance but feeling a twinge of jealousy as he saw Scourge and Blaze share a laugh. Next to him, Sally crossed her arms, looking less than pleased but also impressed. “She’s really talented,” Sally admitted quietly to Sonic, a hint of admiration in her voice.

When Blaze finished, the applause erupted in the garage.

“That was incredible!” Amy exclaimed. “You’ve really nailed it!”

“Yeah, Blaze! You’re ready for the audition!” Tails added, his tail wagging with excitement.

“Absolutely! You’ve got this!” Silver said, stepping forward with a grin. “Just channel that energy and have fun!”

“Thanks, everyone! I feel great!” Blaze said, beaming with happiness.

“Honestly, you’ve got this,” Scourge chimed in, leaning closer to her. His easy demeanor made Blaze feel even more confident, though it didn’t go unnoticed by Sonic and Shadow.

“Alright, Blaze, let’s see what you’ve got next! I want to hear you really rock it out!” Knuckles encouraged, taking a big bite of his pizza. “And no holding back!”