Awakening feelings

The sun cast a warm glow over Sonic's farmhouse as the morning air buzzed with excitement. Silver, Blaze, and Amy arrived together in the same car, the scent of fresh grass filling their lungs. Blaze stepped out first, wearing a denim skirt with a black top and an open shirt. Silver followed, dressed casually in a t-shirt and shorts, while Amy wore a simple yet cute summer yellow romper.

"Finally, a break from school," Blaze said, smiling at her brother. "I think we deserve this."

"For real, man! Who would've thought the first weeks would be so rough?", he answered, fixing his sunglasses.

As they approached the front door, Sonic greeted them with a wide grin. He wore a bright blue shirt and khaki shorts, embodying his carefree spirit. "You guys made it! I was worried I'd have to start the fun without you!"

"We wouldn't miss it for the world", Amy replied cheerfully.

"Where's Sally?" Blaze asked, glancing around.

Sonic shrugged, scratching the back of his head. "She's at a spa with her friends. You know how she is. She's always got something going on."

"That sounds nice," Amy chimed in, looking a bit envious. "I wish I could go to a spa."

Blaze, on the other felt deepyly sad for Sonic, but she couldn't deny that she was relieved that Sally was not present. She masked her emotions and gave a Sonic a comforting pat on the back.

Just then, Tails arrived, running up with a bright smile and a pair of cargo shorts. "Hey! Ready for some fun? Where's Shadow?" he asked, looking around expectantly.

Rouge and Chase pulled up next, dressed in comfortable summer attire-Rouge in a sleeveless top and shorts, while Chase opted for a relaxed button-up and jeans. "We're here!" Rouge called out, rolling her eyes playfully. "Did we miss anything?", she said as she proceed to hug Blaze and Amy.

"Just Tails asking where Shadow is," Sonic replied with a chuckle.

Rouge laughed lightly, shaking her head. "Busy with school stuff, as usual. He's so focused on getting into Oxford, I doubt he'll have time to breathe until graduation."

Blaze felt a flicker of concern for Shadow; she knew how hard he was working, but she couldn't help but wish he could join them. She really enjoyed his presence during the previous few weeks.

Just then, Knuckles arrived, wearing a light green open shirt with matching shorts. "Hey guys!! Sorry, I'm late. Did the party start already?", he asked.

"Not yet. We're going to have some breakfast. Come on guys!! Move in the house", Sonic exclaimed happily.

With the help of Blaze and Amy, Silver prepared some fresh pancakes while Rouge and Chase made scrambled eggs. Sonic and Tails set up the table while Knuckles was preparing coffee and juice.

"The food smells so nice. I can't wait to dig it!", Knuckles exclaimed, taking in the aroma of the food being placed on the table.

------------------------------------------------------------

After breakfast, they moved to the backyard, where Sonic split everyone into teams for a friendly game of tug of war.

They quickly split up into 2 teams: Blaze, Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, and Silver, Amy, Rouge and Chase. They took their positions, ready to pull.

"Alright, Miller vs Miller!", Tails shouted, as Silver and Blaze were the captains of each team.

"Best of luck, Miller!", Silver said to her sister.

"I think you will need it more than me, Miller!", Blaze snapped back.

With the teams set, the tension in the air was electric. Blaze, Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles dug their heels into the grass, while Silver, Amy, Rouge, and Chase braced themselves on the opposite side, ready for the challenge ahead.