chapter nine

╓═══════☆═══════╖
'halley's comet" by billie eillish

╓═══════☆═══════╖'halley's comet" by billie eillish

I woke up to silence, it was clear and quiet. The only sound I could hear is movement from the living room from what I assume is Vance still cleaning up.

I let out a small groan before sitting up, staring at nothing less. The room was dark so I could hardly make out anything but I knew my room well enough to not fall when I finally stood up.

My legs wobbly and tired(much like how I felt)

"Vance?" I call out as I make it out of my room and into the small hallway. "here" he yells out which only makes me groan, my eyes squinting due to trying to adjust to the light that he had on in the living room.

"What are you doing?" I mutter out as I walk closer to him. "Making a fort wanted to wake you when I finished but you beat me to it" he says with somewhat excitement in his voice.

"Buts that's okay because I'm almost done" he smiles out before grabbing some last few pillows(along with my stuff animals he grabbed from my room which I never noticed?)

"can I go in?" I ask which he eagerly nods to—read to show off the fort like a child when they do something good.

"What do you think?" Vance ask as I climb in. the eagerness is crystal clear in his voice. The excitement of a little kid but the tiredness of an old man.

'Cute' is what I think while I smile at him but I don't speak my mind.

"Well?" he asks as he waits for my reply. "I like it" I say with a genuine smile. He nods before getting very comfortable in the fort. Props to him it was bigger than one I could never make.

"Don't wake me" he says strictly before laying down on the pillow.

He quickly falls asleep, a blanket is topped over him. His lazy arms huging the pillow that his head rests on.

"Night" I mutter to myself before laying down across from him.

╙═══════☆═══════╜

354 words