Chapter 8

I will admit, I was surprised when Jared agreed to meet me.  I figured the kiss was a drunken mistake on his part, and he probably regretted it, especially after Stefi's body was found.  However, when I asked if I could come over, he sounded eager.
When I got dropped off in an Uber (I swear they make so much money from me alone), the doorbell had barely stopped chiming when he answered the door.  I expected him to have bedhair, and dishevelled clothes, considering he sounded upset on the phone, until I asked to meet up, but when the door opened, it looked like he had just stepped out of the shower.  And I mean, literally.  His hair was still dripping, a towel was wrapped around his waist, and ... that was it.  I had to remind myself his eyes were about a few feet above those abs, and the more I stared, the more my jeans were getting tighter around the groin.
Unfortunately, Jared noticed, and took that as a chance to grab my hand and drag me inside.  The moment the door was closed, I was pushed against the wall as he cupped my face in his hands, and started feverishly kissing me.  I was so lost in the moment that I just gave in, as all thoughts of why I was there became difficult to keep in place.  After a few seconds though, I pushed him away, knowing that I had a mission.  The mission Jared seemed to have in mind would have to be put on hold - as much as that killed me. Fuck!  Bad choice of words ... as much as it pained me.  Mmm, pain ... wonder how much pain Jared could inflict on me.
Stop it!
You're not here for sex
You're here to get answers
GET IT TOGETHER!

"Jared," I began, instantly missing the feel of his lips on mine.  "I need to know something."
He stared at me expectantly, apparently wanting to get back to what we were doing.  As I pretended to look around, I noticed a bulge at the front of the towel that was not there before (yes, I looked.  Give me a break), and gulped, wondering how long it would be before that bulge was in my throat.
SPENCER!
GET BACK ON TRACK!

"I'm just going to jump straight into it.  Do you know anything about what happened to Stefi?"
He looked at me for a moment, unsure how to react, so I knew I had to elaborate.  "I'm not saying you did, but I'm only asking as she made a bit of a scene at your party last night, and it seems a bit suss."  Fuck, I'm rambling.  "Not that I think you're even capable of doing that, I'm just ..." Just what, Spence?  Horny?  Confused?  Concerned?  Scared?  "I need to know before ... anything else happens."
The corner of Jared's mouth turned up in a half-smile at the last comment.  "I promise you," he said, as he leaned in and started kissing my neck, "I had *kiss* nothing *kiss* to do *kiss* with what happened *kiss*, and *kiss* to be honest *kiss*" - he leaned back and looked into my eyes - "that bitch is the last person I want to be thinking about, considering what I'm thinking of doing to you." And with that, he leaned back in, kissing my neck, and grabbing my ass.
Oh fuck.  This feels absolutely amazing, and my jeans were just getting tighter and tighter.  Just as I considered taking them off while I still could, Jared's towel dropped.  He looked down, then back up at me, before smiling and saying "Oops" with the least amount of conviction he could manage.  Grabbing my ass tighter, he lifted me up, so I swung my legs around his hips, as he walked us toward the stairs.  Well, this is going to be interesting ...

Well ... For someone I had always assumed was straight, he sure knew his way around a guy's body, inside and out!  As I got up to use the bathroom, my legs were shaking so much that I thought I was going to collapse.  Jared, on the other hand, still had one typical male aspect going for him - he fell straight to sleep as soon as the deed was done.
After cleaning up after myself, I walked back to get my clothes, and one look at Jared, laying in bed naked, only visible from the hips upwards, was still enough to take my breath away.  He was chiseled in the way you would only expect in either Hollywood or porn, not suburban Melbourne.  Given how stressful the last couple of days would have been for him, he seemed so peaceful right now, his mouth slightly open.  At that moment, he rolled over away from me, and the sheets went with him, revealing his perfect, smooth ass.  Even when we weren't really talking, that ass had been the fuel of quite a few of my fantasies, even though I had only seen it clothed before, but now, in all it's naked glory, it exceeded anything I had ever dreamed of.  My thoughts went straight to images of doing the same thing to him that he just did to me, and even though I was still exhausted, my blood flowed to my groin and made me stand to attention again.
I decided I didn't want to ask anything about Stefi, even though that was the whole reason I came over in the first place.  Despite everything that happened the past few years, Jared was still my best friend for so many years, and I still cared about him deeply - that had never stopped.  It hurt when Stefi picked on me, but Jared had never done anything to hurt me.  I knew within my heart that he could not have had anything to do with what happened, so I got dressed, and sent him a message telling him I was going home.
As I was about to leave, I took another look at him sleeping, looking so peaceful and perfect, that I couldn't resist leaning down and kissing him on the forehead.  I'm not sure what I was feeling in that moment, whether it was love, lust, or just a deep friendship, but I knew I felt a connection that was stronger than any I had felt before, and it was one that I hoped would never go away.