Chapter 16: Whodunnit?

//Izzy POV//
"Oh.. oh my god."

Hitch and Sprout looked up at me, both looking nervous with anticipation.

"What!? What is it?!"
Sprout said.

"It's... Sunny."

I looked down as the two stared at eachother in terror. Sunny, what have you done?

I look up at my friends to say something when I hear some leaves crush under the weight of somepony's hoof.

"What're you guys doing here?"
Sunny said in an energetic voice.

"Sunny, what did you do?"
Hitch said in a hopeless tone.

"What do ya mean?"

Sprout looked up at her and began to scream.
"YOU KILLED MY MOTHER YOU BITCH!"
He began to run towards at her, but he was stopped by Hitch.

"Babe, you don't need to attack her, we don't know what she's gonna do next-"
He was interrupted by sunny who had an angry frown on her face.

"Babe?" She cackled "I'm surprised someone could even love this red freak."

"Don't talk about my boyfriend like that."

"Or what? I dare you to try something. You won't win."

I decide to finally speak up.

"Sunny, why are you acting like this? This isn't you."

"You don't know me. We haven't even known eachother a whole month. And besides, you couldn't help me with my plan. You aren't my friend."

"You killed his mom."

"So?"

"What do you mean!? You killed somone."

"I had to. I need Twighlight to notice me."

"But why?"

"Because, she fixed ponykind in her reign, and I know I can do the same, I just need her to teach me."

"But why did you have to kill?"

"Because, she's been ignoring me. She won't listen, so if she won't come to me, I'll bring her to me."

Hitch began to walk towards her.

"None of that matters. Sunny Starscout, you are under arrest for the murder of Phyllis Cloverleaf, anything you say or do can and will be used against you in the court of law."

"I don't think so."

"Excuse me?"

Without a second to spare. Sunny used her telekinesis to throw Hitch into a nearby tree, causing him to grunt in pain once he bounced off and hit the ground.

Sprout then ran towards Sunny, determined to cause her harm.

Before she could even touch him, he punched her, breaking her nose and making it pour blood.

"You'll regret that you little-"

I jumped on top of Sunny, I just want to stop this.

"STOP FIGHTING, EVERYONE! Sunny, you will go to jail, and Sprout, you can't stoop to her level."

"Why are you siding with him?! He literally hates your entire species!"

We both look at sprout as he begins to speak.

"I've changed, and you would've seen that if you weren't so focused on killing my fucking mom!"

"That's not what's important! After I learn about the magic of friendship, you'll all see that she didn't really matter!"

Hitch stands up, and stumbles over to us.
"I really didn't want to have to do this.."

We all look at him and he reaches for his pocket.

Sunny laughs. "What're you gonna do? Shoot me? I'm invincible-"

She is interrupted by and tranquilizer hitting her neck, after which she passed out and was taken back to Maretime sheriff's office where she was placed in a magic-restricting cell, courtesy of the Bridlewood police academy.

"So what are we supposed to do now?"
Sprout said, looking over at Hitch.

"I guess you could press charges, we take her to court, and have her punished. Or psychologically evaluated. No matter what, something has to be done."

"Thanks babe."

They both exchange a kiss and then look at me.

"Do you wanna just stay at our place for the night so you don't have to go home in the dark?" Hitch said.

"Our place?"

Hitch looked back at his boyfriend and smiled.

"You live there too silly billy."

Sprout blushed.

"I think I'll just head on home, you two deserve a honeymoon night or something." I said, chuckling."

They both blushed. A lot.

"I- let's save that for the wedding..."
Hitch said nervously.

"We're getting married!?"

"Under better circumstances and on a better day, maybe... I mean, I dunno!"
Hitch stared at the floor, Sprout and I were laughing.

"Well, I'll head on home! See you two lovebirds later!"

//Sprout's POV//

Izzy had just left and Hitch and I are on our way home. I really don't want the feeling to set in.

I miss her too much.

I know she wasn't good to me, but I still loved her.

I really don't want this to eat away at me.

I don't want to burden Hitch with it though.

What am I supposed to do?

Am allowed to be happy?

Is this okay?

Am I okay?