Chapter 21: in the Zephyr Heights

//Sunny's POV//
I'm happy to see Sprout being a better pony, but this just doesn't add up... how did he know about the unity crystal? How did know that there's more? And how does he know Izzy!? Don't get me wrong, it's nice to see him so motivated and kind, but he shouldn't know these things.

While continuing my spiral in deep thought, I was interrupted by a curious Izzy.

"Watcha doin?" She said, smiling.

"Just thinking. Have you met Sprout before?"

"Uhhh.... The ones at the farmers market?"

I facepalmed. "No Izzy, the red one."

"They have red sprouts?"

"The pony."

"OH! Nope. I had only met you guys when I wandered into your town. I will say though, your sheriff wasn't very welcoming."

Sprout approached us, still bruised from his fight with Hitch. Well, I wouldn't call it a fight. He wasn't hitting back at all.

"Yeah, he usually isn't like this... but I'll fix it."

I looked up at Sprout, both in pity and resentment that I didn't stop Hitch.

"Sprout, you and I both know that him doing what he done isn't something for you to fix. That his problem."

"But I have to."

"Why?"

"Because I love him."

"What?"

"Before this weird time reverse thing, we were dating..."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

Izzy respectfully interrupted.

"Hey guys, I think we should get going before sundown..."

"Why? Scared of the dark?" I teased.

"Hehe.... Maybe."

We all chuckled and continued our journey towards zephyr heights. After having gone through valleys, canyons, hills, and mountains, we finally reached the edge of this Pegasus city. Before we could even step hoof onto the white pavement, we were quickly approached by guards.

"YOU'RE UNDER ARREST!"

//Hitch's POV//

Damn it... Sprout did it again. He always does this. He lies around never helps with shit. But now? He's gone to far. He went out of his way to harm not just me but the entire town! We spent our whole lives having been taught that unicorns are bad, and he upheld that. Why did he change do suddenly? What caused him to betray me like this? I would apologize for having roughed him up earlier, but being completely honest, he deserved it. Every single drop of his blood spilled is completely earned. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I hate him. I-

My internal rant was interrupted by Phyllis busting into my office in a slight panic.

"HITCH! I need your help calming the citizens! They are upset and won't listen to me!"

Sigh...

"Fine. But when I arrest your son, you better not come for me. You know him running off with those criminals was wrong."

Phyllis looked pale and her jaw dropped.

"He ran off!? What do you mean!?"

"Don't worry about it, just gimmie a sec to call down the people."

I stepped outside, leaving the sobbing woman in the building alone.

As soon as I closed to door behind me, I was bombarded with complaints of fear.

"Sheriff Hitch! What should we do?" One said.

"Are we safe?" Said another.

I took a deep breath and began to speak.
"People of Maretime bay, we are safe, I assure you. But this won't last. Two of our own have defected from the truth, and are now classified as dangerous fugitives. They are allied with a unicorn, and we don't know how dangerous that could be for us. In the meantime, we need to prepare to attack."

Phyllis walked out the door, speaking in a somber tone.

"Now Hitch, I don't think that's very smart. We don't attack, we defend. We are good ponies."

"With all due respect mayor, your motivations to be merciful are tainted by the favoritism of your son. Don't forget he's a criminal."

"But we don't need to cause harm to other ponies. I think we need to just-"

"If you go against the law one more time, I won't have any choice but to arrest you. I'll be seizing the rights to your factory and the management of production effective immediately. Go home."

Phyllis, stunned, sorrowfully walked back home.
The rest of the citizens looked at me, stunned.

"What're you all looking like that for!? Get to work! NOW!"

(Hi readers!!! What do you think? Comment below!)