nine

warnings: fighting, blood

○○○○

A part of Julie really didn't want to come to school today, especially after what happened this morning. But she wasn't going to let some rich snob ruin her education.

She walked into school with her head down, she didn't want anyone to notice she's been crying. Her first class was upstairs. English, great. English lessons first thing in the morning for the next 180 days.

The tardy bell rang as Julie stepped into the class. Her eyes scanned the room and she only saw one open seat, next to Sam LaRusso. Great. She slowly walked towards the girl who perked up when she noticed Julie.

Sam wanted to apologize but the teacher shushed the class and began talking about first day bullshit. All about the syllabus and constant babbling about the school year.

Julie was glad to hear the morning announcements begin towards the end of the class. She pulled out her phone and checked her messages. She had several from Miguel, asking to talk. And one from Britney, saying she was in the bathroom.

"Can I use the restroom?" Julie asked as the teacher walked past. She waved her hand forward and Julie bolted out of her seat.

The morning announcements were drowned out as the bathroom door shut behind Julie. She heard sniffling coming from the last stall. She hesitantly knocked on the door. "What?" A small voice called out.

"Are you okay?" Julie pushed the door open and saw Britney sitting on the stall, crying. "What happened?" She stepped into the stall and crouched in front of Britney. "Was it those girls from the movie theater?"

The blonde nodded. "Not even an hour into my first day and they're already ruining my high-school experience. They told the kids in my class... somethings." She cast her glance down, not wanting to repeat what they said.

"Want me to beat them up?" Julie was half joking but, she hated nothing more than bullys. Sometimes even Hawk got on her nerves.

Britney shook her head. "It's fine. I should handle it myself." Britney stood up and dusted off her pants. Julie stepped aside to let her wash her hands.

"I can teach you Karate y'know." She crossed her arms and watched as the girl wiped away her tears.

"My mom can't afford any extra circulars right now, money is tight as it is."

Julie frowned at that. "OK, don't join Cobra Kai then. Just come over to my place and I can teach you."

Britney wiped away a stray tear. "That's so nice of you, are you sure you have the energy to deal with me though?"

"Yeah it's fine. Don't worry I need a charity case to write my college essays about anyway." Julie laughed when Britney punched her in the arm.

The two walked out of the bathroom and saw a full on riot outside. To her right, Miguel and Robby were throwing punches left and right. Then to her left, Hawk and Mitch and other Cobra Kais were attacking other students.