fourteen

Warnings: Broken bones

○○○○

"You joined Miyagi Do?" Julie frowned from across the library table at Britney. "I thought I was teaching you karate."

Britney shrugged mawkishly. "You were... but I don't know. Cobra Kai really isn't my style. And you can't even be mad- you're not even really apart of Cobra Kai anymore so they're really not your rivals."

That's true, Julie's been actively ignoring everyone in Cobra Kai since the fight. "But still!" Julie shook her head. "Do you hate me? Did I say something stupid?"

The older girls frown was half mockery and half disappointment. "No! It's just Cobra Kai is all about offence and I really only would ever want to fight for defence... oh hi Sam."

Sam slid into the seat next to Julie. "Did you tell her?"

"It was you!" Julie pocked Sam's shoulder. "You stole my student. This means war, LaRusso." Julie reached over and stole Sam's juice box. 

"Sorry, Green." Her sincerity was matched with an apologetic smile.

Britney sat up, her eyes sparkling with interest. "Which one of you two is stronger?"

The three shared a look. "Obviously me."

"Definitely Julie."

Julie gave Sam a slap on the shoulder. "How come you didn't compete in the All Valley last year? It would have been fun to go against the Sam LaRusso."

"Yeah right. The Julie Green would have beat my ass, plus Miguel was competing... I didn't want a possibility of having to fight against him." Her eyes turned to Julie. "How is Miguel, by the way?"

She shrugged. "He's out of the hospital so that's good, but I don't think he takes to being in a wheelchair very well." She had visited him this morning before school, he seemed irritated and void of any happiness. But he also did just wake up seconds before Julie got there so, relatable. "I'm sure he'll be up and kicking ass again soon so don't worry."

Sam appreciated the comforting smile Julie gave her. "You should join Miyagi Do!" Britney spout out of nowhere, after the two older girls stared into each others eyes for a prolonged moment.

"You should!" Sam encouraged. "My dad would love to have you!"

Julie shook her head. Yeah right... after he attacked her in her own living room then yelled at her while she was in her hospital bed after saving his daughter. "I think I'm going to lay off of Karate for a while. But, I'm glad you're back in your natural habitat." 

Something behind Sam's eyes crinkled. "Yeah... I'm not too sure I'm ready for a fight any time soon."

"What do you mean?"