Chapter 8

"I don't think this is a good idea. It's been too long since I've been to this kind of event..." He seemed a little embarrassed and shy as he said this, hoping that his father would change his mind, but it was Basen who spoke.

"Don't worry, I'll be with you." Basen seemed a little too happy when he said it, where was the original Basen who was afraid of Cale?

Cale had a lot of questions about this strange behavior but didn't say anything.

"Of course, everything will be fine. We've already notified a doctor on our estate in the capital of everything. So, even if there is a problem, everything will be taken care of quickly. It's also a way for you two to talk a little." Deruth was excited that his two sons would finally be able to bond and get to know each other through this trip. Let's hope everything goes well... for some reason, he felt a chill that he ignored. There was no reason for anything to happen.

Seeing the happy look of the two, Cale couldn't refuse. He also knew what was going to happen in the capital. He couldn't let Basen get hurt, otherwise his lazy life might be in danger. He has to talk to Choi Han after this, he has to find help for the incident in the capital. Choi Han's companions in the story would be perfect... but how to make them meet? Besides, even the path to the capital seemed dangerous in the original story. A village was destroyed because of a mad dragon... he had so much to do. He subconsciously put a hand over his eyes and sighed tiredly, he already felt exhausted.

After a few seconds of thinking about his life choice, he heard two people calling him hesitantly and worriedly. He quickly looked towards the people who were calling him.

"Cale, are you okay?" Deruth asked, Basen didn't say anything but was also looking at him.

"Hmm? Yes, I'm fine, I'm just tired." He quickly replied as he looked at them confused, he didn't understand what they were worrying about here.

"You should go rest before you leave... I'd like you to be examined by the doctor, so he can confirm that you're okay." Deruth tried again, he really wished Cale would listen to him for once.

"I feel fine, there's really no need..." Cale quickly rejected his request.

"Cale, I'm sorry but you're leaving me no choice. If you don't, I won't let you go." A hard look appeared on his face, he couldn't let him go like this.

Cale was dreading this, he now had no choice but to accept his father's request. He absolutely had to go to the capital to make his dream come true.

"*Sigh* Well..." Cale just prayed to all the gods, well except the god of death who seemed useless, that the doctor wouldn't find anything or he would never be able to leave the county again.

"Great! I'll let him know right away, you can go back to your room. He'll be here in a few minutes." His father seemed happy for some unknown reason.

He didn't say anything else and left the office to go to his room, he just lay down on his bed and waited for the doctor to arrive.

It took a while and he almost fell asleep when he heard a noise at his door.

"Come in!"

The doctor came in accompanied by Ron and the earl.

The doctor approached him, the children got out of bed and went back to the corner in fear of the unknown.

"How are you, young master, since the last time? Are you still in pain or feeling anything special?"

"I'm fine and no, I'm not in pain anymore." Cale replied, he already wanted it to end.

"Very well, give me your hand."

He simply held out his hand as requested, he waited for the doctor's report with a slight fear. Only Ron noticed it, but he didn't say anything, the doctor would have to see if there was a problem.

Some time later, he finally spoke.

"His condition hasn't changed, he just has to continue taking his medication, eat enough and rest properly and he should be fine."

Cale practically sighed in relief when he found nothing.

The doctor then left with the Count and Ron telling him to rest. Which he obviously did, he took advantage of the little calm he had left. He now had two days to organize everything and talk to Choi Han before leaving.

He woke up in the evening for dinner, everything was already on the table, the children were waiting for him to start. Once that was done, he summoned Choi Han to explain to him that he would not be with him for the whole trip and that he had to go find two people. He hesitated at first and told him that he had to protect him, but Cale quickly told him that Ron would be there too. He finally accepted, Ron alone was already a bigger threat than anything that could happen.

Cale finished the meeting with Choi Han, he went to take a  bath before going to bed. He did it quickly, he was very tired from having to talk with the swordsman, so he forgot an important detail.

When Ron came to bring him these night clothes and help him change, he could see the butler looking at his chest with a frown.

"Young master, what is this?"

Cale looked down to see what Ron was talking about. « Ah yes, it's the tattoo of the ancient power...»  Of course, he knew that it left a mark on the body of the one who wore it. He had read it in the novel but with everything that had happened in the meantime, he had forgotten it.

The butler looked at him, still waiting for an answer.

"I really liked the model. " That was the only sensible answer he could give, given the look Ron was giving him, the answer didn't seem right.

"I'm tired, I'd like to go to bed." He asked the butler to hurry up to avoid more questions he had no answer to.

He quickly finished changing him, but he certainly hadn't forgotten his young master's lie.

Cale finally managed to fall asleep, he still had to think about the dragon so he wouldn't die in the explosion of the village.