Chapter 9, The Winter Dance

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry for updating so late. I was busy and I honestly forgot. I had this chapter typed but I forgot to put it up. I might not update for awhile because I'm busy with my other story, The Mark. If some of you have read the beginning of The Mark, I'm going to tell you that I probably won't post more of that story on here. Thanks to the suggestion of my friend (who I shall not name), I'm turning The Mark into a manga type thing. I well stay uploading it on Webtoon, hopefully soon. Anyway, thanks for your support guys. I'll try to get another chapter up as soon as possible. No, I don't own any of these characters, but I do own the ideas. Thank you, and enjoy!

Lucy's P.O.V.

It was finally December so I was super excited. Natsu and Gray told me about the winter dance. Fairy Tail Middle School held the dance too. Natsu and Gray always went with each other. They were arguing because Natsu didn't want to go with Gray this year.

I wondered who I would go with, if I went at all. Levy didn't want to go so I couldn't go with her. Alzack asked Bisca to go with him and she said yes. A bunch of people already had a date. Here I was with no one. 'I'll just stay home with Levy,' I thought.

"Don't worry Luce," Natsu said as he grinned. "I'll go with you."

"That's who you're leaving me for?!" Gray yelled.

"So what do you say Luce?"

"She's mine."

"Where'd you come from, Loke?"

"I asked first."

"Stop it!"

Natsu and Loke stopped arguing. They turned and faced Gildarts. He whispered something into Lucy's ear and she nodded.

"Whoever guesses the number I'm thinking of gets to go with me to the dance," Lucy said. "It's a number one through fifteen."

"Four," Natsu guessed.

"Seven."

"Nope, keep guessing."

"Five."

"Three."

"Not even close," she joked.

"Eight."

Loke day and thought for a bit.

"Twelve," he said.

"Nope."

"One."

"Thirteen."

"This is going to last forever."

"Two."

"Nine."

"Ugh, you guys suck. Rock paper scissors."

Loke and Natsu played for sometime but they kept making the same sign. This was going nowhere.

"That's it!" Gildarts cut in. "The rest of the class will vote."

"Can't I just choose?"

"No, but you can vote."

"Just go with Natsu," Loke said.

I turned and looked him shocked.

Loke's P.O.V.

"I never go with anyone anyway."

"No way man," Natsu said. "I was just joking. I'm going with Gray."

"No it's fine."

"Listen jerk, she wants to go with you."

I turned and looked at Lucy. She whispered something to Natsu.

"No Lucy! I'm not gonna stop. I know he's stubborn, so am I. If you want to go with him, he's gonna with you."

"Really Natsu," her voice was shaky. "You don't have to do this for me."

She was going to cry and I could tell. But for the past few days, I couldn't tell how she felt about me. I didn't even know how I felt about her. I thought I loved her but now I wasn't sure.

"I... I don't know, okay?" I said as I walked out of the room.

Natsu's P.O.V.

"Listen bastard!" I yelled as I chased after him.

If Lucy wanted to go with Loke to the dance, Loke going to go with her. Loke slowed his walk and turned around.

"What do you want from me?" he asked.

"For you to go with Lucy to the dance."

"I can't."

"Oh yeah, why not?"

"Because... I'm not going."

"You go every year," I said. "You always have to sing."

"Well I can't this year."

I stopped questioning Loke. I knew what kept him from going this year.

"Has he decided yet," I asked.

"Yeah," Loke said. "So I'm gonna run until I can't anymore."

"I'll tell Luce," I said. "Don't worry, we'll support ya."

"No," he said shaking his head. "Don't get her involved. I don't want to cause her anymore trouble."

"She was involved since the day you ran from Gildarts. She needs to know. Won't it trouble her, not knowing why you didn't go with her?"

I ran back to first period just as the bell rang. Loke was going to hate me. At least Luce didn't.