Chapter 8, His Real Name

"Mr.Clive?" Lucy asked.

"What?"

"I learned this already."

"Oh well,I guess you have an advantage."

She sighed. Her class was learning seventh grade material. Lucy didn't need learn world geography again. She needed to learn history. Real history, not some boring stuff.

Natsu's P.O.V.

Lucy looked really bored. I understood why. I learned this kind of stuff in sixth grade. Loke looked bored too. 'Let's play,' I thought mischievously. I peeled the gum off of the bottom my desk. I rolled it into a ball and wrapped it in paper. I looked at Leo and smirked. Back in October Loke, Gray, and I decided to see who could impress Lucy the most. All we had to do was make her like one of us more.

Loke's P.O.V.

I saw the way Natsu looked at me. He was planning something,I could tell. When I turned around, I saw him peeling the gum off his desk. Then, he began to roll it into a ball. 'He's going to throw it at me,' I thought. I could easily dodge the ball of gum or use somebody as a shield. The second idea sounded more fun. I looked around to see who I could use as a shield. The only people near me were Lucy and Levy. When I saw Lucy, I remembered the contest that Natsu started.

I waited for Natsu's ball of gum to come flying at me, but it didn't come. I turned around to see Natsu having a paper war with Gray. Lucy was watching their battle too. It was probably the only interesting thing going on in class. Everything we're learning is old.

"Guys, listen," Gildarts sighed.

I completely forgot that Gildarts was teaching. I assumed that he was talking to Natsu and Gray. The two idiots didn't stop throwing papers.

"There better not be any, and I mean any, papers on the floor."

Natsu and Gray continued to ignore Gildarts. Now everybody in the class was watching their war now. I looked at Lucy and saw her shaking her head. I was winning our contest so far.

"If you idiots want to play on my baseball team this year, you'd better listen!" Gildarts yelled.

"I'm playing volleyball this year," Natsu said.

Gray nodded. I smirked. They didn't know that Gildarts also coached Fairy Tail's boy volleyball team.

"Well guess what?" Gildarts said smirking. "I coach that too."

Lucy's P.O.V.

I couldn't help but smile. Natsu and Gray obviously didn't know anything. They didn't even know that Gildarts coached baseball and boys volleyball. Even I knew that.

"Idiots!" Loke yelled at them.

Suddenly a paper ball went flying towards him. It was difficult to see the ball because it was moving so fast. With one hand, Loke caught the ball. He removed the paper around the ball which revealed a huge ball of gum. He whipped the ball at Natsu, who couldn't catch it. Loke threw it even harder than Natsu. I began to giggle.

Gray picked up the ball and whipped it at Loke even faster. Somehow he managed to catch it with one hand again. I had to admit, I was impressed.

"We're finally getting serious," Loke muttered.

"What'd ya say?!" Natsu yelled. "Are you saying I'm not good enough for you?!"

"Loke," Gildarts said. "Can you stop provoking them?"

"But this is fun."

"If I ever have to call you Le..."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever. I'll stop," Loke said as he threw the ball off gum away.