ROM 31

RELY ON ME : Chapter 31

The pickle fish Meen took them to eat was really delicious. The fish was tender, the pickles were just perfect. Anyway, Ping'd enjoyed himself. Later, Meen had to take off his chopsticks to stop him from being stuffed.

Meena didn't eat much, she had a small appetite, and with their annoying behaviors, she couldn't eat any more. To be honest, their behavior were not as intimate as those of popular couples, and people who didn’t know them would think they were friends at most. But Meena knew that, she could see the gentle expression of Meen when he turned around to talk with Ping, the helplessness on Meen’s face when he knocked on Ping’s bowl with chopsticks and said don't eat so much, and the bitter smile when he wiped away the soup sprinkled on Ping’s cheek with a paper towel...

Meena put down her chopsticks, ‘Uh... Ping? Are you from our school?’

Ping shook his head, ‘No, I'm from MP university.’

Meena then asked, ‘Are you high school students classmates then?’

Ping shook his head again, ‘No, I'm Net's high school classmate. Did you know Net?’

Meena nodded. Net, a well-known unfaithful lover of Polytechnic. It was said that the women he failed to live up to had formed an organization of ‘Women should be self-reliant’, which was dedicated to publicizing his love misdeeds. A pamphlet called ‘See Tricks and Break Tricks’ was also published to dismantle his love tricks.

Ping found that Meena’s expression was unpredictable, so he asked tentatively,

‘It seems that you have heard a lot of his great achievements?’

Meena hesitated and nodded. She told Ping about organization of ‘Women should be self-reliant’. Ping thumped the table with laughter and said that the girls in your school were so talented.

Meen shook his head and said, ‘PING, are you an idiot to believe that?’

Ping was still laughing, ‘You didn’t know that... When I was in high school, I heard that his old girlfriends were publicizing him everywhere, but I didn't expect that... Haha... It has developed into official organizations in college... Haha... College students are indeed more well-educated. Haha... Ouch... my stomach aches...’

Meen rolled his eyes, ‘You laughed too much.’

Ping swallowed and stopped laughing. He said very seriously, ‘Anybody has the right to punish him.’

Meen bent Ping’s finger and tapped his forehead, ‘You are taking pleasure in other people's misfortune.’

Ping rubbed his forehead and complained, ‘You always knock me on the forehead.’

He approached Ping with a smile and helped rub it. ‘Let me see. Okay, next time I’ll knock somewhere else.’

Meena twisted her clothes unconsciously with her fingers, and suddenly remembered the Journey to the West, which she watched when she was a child: Sun Wukong drew a circle on the ground with his golden cudgel, so that the master and his disciples could hide in, and all the monsters who tried to approach them would be popped out as soon as they approached the circle. Meena felt as if she had been popped out and fell on the ground with a painful heart.

After dinner, Meen asked Meena, ‘Are you going to do the experiment this afternoon?’

Meena looked at Ping, who stood on Meen's left side, with his thumb and forefinger pinching the hem of his jacket. Very subconscious action, but made Meena's nose sour. She swallowed a choking throat, said,

‘I feel a little uncomfortable, i dont want to do the experiment in the afternoon’

Meen nodded,

‘Then have a good rest.’